Container With Sprite + Text - Centering Text

jpperlm

I'm struggling to center my text inside a container. I'm not sure how to best do this programmatically. 

Here I have a sprite circle radius 12.5. 

let sprite    = p.add.sprite(0,0,'circle')
 let label     = p.add.text(-12.5,-12.5,letters,{
            fontFamily:'Arial',
            color:'#000000',
            align:'center',
          }).setFontSize(18);

var container = p.add.container(rand_x, 50,[sprite,label]).setSize(25, 25);

I understand I can play with the position to make this work however it won't work for all shapes and amounts of letters. I'm not understanding the text boundaries logic. Can i set the canvas which the text is on to have a specific size such that the 'align' actually does something?

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 6.15.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 6.15.41 PM.png

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to revive a sorted issue, but I have to ask, why is the origin of text different to the origin of other game objects? Are there any other game objects with origins other then (0.5, 0.5)?

And wouldn't it make sense to make reference to this in the API? I know the API is still being worked on, but I nearly went crazy trying to get my text to align properly because I didn't realise that the origin was (0, 0) and not the default 0.5. Is this an issue I should raise on github?

https://photonstorm.github.io/phaser3-docs/Phaser.GameObjects.Text.html#originX__anchor

15 hours ago, GreenCloversGuy said:

Are there any other game objects with origins other then (0.5, 0.5)?

The graphics object also has origin at 0,0. Moreover, graphics objects cannot have a different origin than 0,0.

Sorry for sidetracking a bit but this is related info about graphics objects, especially if you are dealing with origins:

15 hours ago, GreenCloversGuy said:

You're right, the doc says it defaults to 0.5. I guess this needs to be updated in the doc. I think there is a place to submit change requests to the doc somewhere but I couldn't find it myself right now.