Help Testing a Service to Deploy Offline HTML5 Games? (Superweb.app)

mtmckenna

Hello everyone,

Wanted to share a project I've been working on called Superweb.app--the goal for this project is to help HTML 5 game devs deploy offline/native-like JS games to the web using your own domain names.

I started building this to host my own games but thought it might be helpful for other people too. If you have time, would you be willing to give Superweb.app a shot and send me any feedback you have? If so, please sign up here and let me know how it goes!

Here's a little more detail:

Superweb.app hosts your game assets and configures a service worker to cache your assets locally so the game can run offline. Additionally, you can configure a web manifest so people can "install" your games on their home screen and launch them like a native app. When you upload new versions of your games, your users will be notified of the new version and allowed to "refresh" to get the update.

Here's a couple screenshots of 1) my installed apps on my iPhone home screen and 2) the update prompt a user sees when a new version is available:

wN2A7NCN790uQijx0T9f7vixwd3YYAJKRNYtKxNDXIX6Mtkn_G2uW-1ViGvYmTvBdmN3JJUg9_8el4rJQTfHKeXmz55xlU3ZzuoM0EIedfhjTMnmji-OpHlVYpm7EG9-sUgSzT6SCohXDvo49Ut39FrReOCadd0ceuBOhkWVXgArWBoXo2QyK44wUTnpBhO3nAoVc498FOHKnthHqMJIm7GOn-7TKfBUHK6xXsTYXBBLIvLHUg4GX-So7k3gAvaHqqclyau7q-PfWpjU

I'm using Superweb.app to host my own HTML5 games, and it's been working pretty well so far--all my single-player JS games are playable offline. If you are able to try it out, please let me know if you think this service could be helpful to you or if there's things I could do to make it be helpful.

Thank you for the help!!