Any feedback on GM Mobility Engine plugin?

It is good but just plugging the thing into an existing game wont do, you need to make your games on a very specific way for the engine to work properly. Also, don't expect TV to answer non-engine related questions unless you pay for his book. 

I personally had to turn 4 out of 6 of games from landscape to portrait orientation, the thing is just not good with landscape oriented games, this was a mayor hassle, then the ones that where already on portrait orientation had to be changed as well because with the Mobility Engine you can't use the whole screen but need to spare some pixels on the bottom of your game (about 64 on a 320x480 game so you only have 320x416 for the actual game).

When I asked TV what to do when my games where getting cut off at the bottom he said he assumed I had bought his book so i should have known this. i even ask him how many pixels I needed to spare on the bottom to get the proper scaling and he refused to answer this simple question saying it wouldn't be fair to the people who already bought the book. i was beyond mad because of this but i simply figured it all out on my own and finally got the games working well with the engine.

On the positive side, after finally getting my games to work properly I was able to make around 8,000+ on the next 6 months from licensing games. And when my questions where strictly related to the Mobility Engine itself he will gladly answer everything sometimes even providing me with example code.

i hope I was clear enough. And I didn't mean any of the above on a demeaning way, i still use the engine myself, but people should be better oriented about the products they buy. I personally have to work 8 hours as a handyman for the 60 dollars i paid for the engine so i was rightfully mad when i realized my games weren't working well and that i may have thrown away my very hard earned cash. TVs initial reaction didn't help at all either. But after i figured things out i was happy about it and the money started rolling in so I do recommend the engine just know that after you buy the engine you will be making games for the engine.

The engine is plug & play. Add it to your project in minutes then forget about it.

But this is very true, I never denied this. You can literally set it up in a couple of minutes and see the results just don't expect good results if your game isn't designed properly. Sure, not knowing good HTML5 design is my fault, but it is your fault not to be clear about it on your product page.

No engine or line of code exists to remove the task bar in Safari prior to 7.1, which is what takes up the part of the screen you're talking about.

Address bars on Android devices consume just as much space, leaving this blank spot is very important for all devices and browsers not just Safari. Some devices cover more than others, some don't cover anything at all.

This is basic stuff that is not the engine's fault. Even the screenshots on the sales page demonstrate this.

Again, not knowing good HTML5 design is my fault, but it is your fault not to be clear about it on your product page. The screenshots demonstrates this? I hope that was a bad joke.

Unbelievable. I have over 50 email threads and personal messages with you where I've been helpful at every chance, dating back to late 2012. The fact that this is not appreciated is mind-blowing to me. It's nice to see I wasted so much time trying to help you.

And when my questions where strictly related to the Mobility Engine itself he will gladly answer everything sometimes even providing me with example code.

And I thanked you every single time, even when you didn't answer my questions at all or I was unhappy with your answer.

> i personally had to turn 4 out of 6 of games from landscape to portrait orientation, the thing is just not good with landscape oriented games

This was a case of you not designing your games appropriately for mobile in the first place, and then choosing to change them to portrait on your own accord. I have plenty of landscape games that use the engine. Again, you blame the engine for your bad design.

You know this isn't true. This is especially bad on Android devices. The great majority of your own games are portrait oriented. I wouldn't recommend the Mobility Engine for landscape oriented games at all. If I haven't turned this games around they would have never worked properly.

> i even ask him how many pixels I needed to spare on the bottom to get the proper scaling and he refused to answer this simple question saying it wouldn't be fair to the people who already bought the book

I clearly told you I misinterpreted your question the first time.

After you asked "How many pixels do i need to spare on the bottom of my screen?" for the second time, 4 minutes later you wrote back saying you had figured it out. Clearly not the hardest answer in the world to figure out, and quite obviously not some special secret I would keep only for people who had bought my book.

I openly admitted that:

i was rightfully mad when i realized my games weren't working well and that i may have thrown away my very hard earned cash. TVs initial reaction didn't help at all either.

Maybe you really where going to answer my question at the time, maybe you where not. You didn't when I asked you and I did ask you more than once before figuring it out myself.

> but people should be better oriented about the products they buy

This is exactly why I assumed you had read the book, and that is exactly why I recommended you should. Because you clearly do not know enough about HTML5 game design, and you bought a product that relies on this information to make proper use of it. It's like you bought a paintbrush without knowing how to paint.

Sure, not knowing good HTML5 design is my fault, but it is your fault not to be clear about it on your product page.

Again, not knowing good HTML5 design is my fault, but it is your fault not to be clear about it on your product page. The screenshots demonstrates this? I hope that was a bad joke.

You really need to be clearer about this on your product page.

> but after i figured things out i was happy about it and the money started rolling in so I do recommend the engine

Well how about that.

Yeah, i even recommended the product, posted some good earning figures, and said i still use It. And is probably the only product I'll use, it just works once you know how to do your games around it. I even have a template game from which i start all of my projects, that's how easy to set up the thing is.

Let me be clear:

Finally!

- don't buy this engine without knowing how to design a mobile game

This should be on your product page.

- you will not be "making games for the engine", once it's added you can forget about it

True, but you will only see good results if your game is designed properly.

- the engine can not remove permanent UI fixtures such as the Safari task bar, nor can any engine or line of code

True.

- the engine works perfectly fine in landscape mode

You know it doesn't, the results are just not good.

- extensive support is offered and you do not have to buy my book for assistance

It depends on what you ask but this is mostly True, especially if you consider that TV is just one guy dealing with many customers.

Once again, I use the Mobility Engine, I recommend the Mobility Engine, I have made lots of money in little time thanks to the Mobility Engine, and TV is a rather helpful guy willing to answer most of your questions, provide you with advice, and even some lines of code if you need them. But I still sincerely believe that this products page needs to be a lot clearer  about what it can and can't do and I do not recommend it for  landscape oriented games.

My JCHTML5 engine is half the price (Basic version) and comes with more features than the Mobility Engine. Check it out :D

Direct quote from one of my customers:

"We were using the Mobility Engine previously. The biggest differences I noticed were on Android phones and Desktops. This is the first engine I've seen that displays properly on large-screen Androids such as the Galaxy Note. That, in itself, has stopped us from closing deals with publishers several times already."

Ah, some good old fashioned competitor bashing. Refreshing!  ;)

I've replied to all your emails. 

I've also sold several licenses for games made with JCHTML5. I even won the Clay.io "Got Game?" competition with my buddy Austin, using JCHTML5. It's certainly ready for commercial work.

Only 1 of the 19 buyers of my engine seem to be have experienced your problem. That person is you. That one person also happens to be the creator of the Mobility Engine.

I'm curious. Being the creator of the Mobility Engine, why are you choosing to use JCHTML5 for your clients?

I wouldn't call posting in 1-2 topics spamming.

You aren't the first person to sell a game template TV. 

No, let's not. I really don't have the time!  :P

Hm. Good points indeed! I'll give you that one.

Well it's an interesting question. It's like Steve Jobs opting to exclusively use Android phones.

Just to be clean and clear, I never meant any of the above on a negative note nor did I intended to start some heated discussion. I only didn't want the original poster to go trough the same bad initial experience that I had. My problem with the ME was only at the moment of purchase, after that i have been both happy and satisfied with the product and have openly recommended it many times and on many threads besides this one. I believe my last lines on my previous post sum it all well:

Once again, I use the Mobility Engine, I recommend the Mobility Engine, I have made lots of money in little time thanks to the Mobility Engine, and TV is a rather helpful guy willing to answer most of your questions, provide you with advice, and even some lines of code if you need them. But I still sincerely believe that this products page needs to be a lot clearer  about what it can and can't do and I do not recommend it for  landscape oriented games.