[Phaser] Archaic Roll

JP91

This a clone of a game called Rapid Roll,I did it with the first versions of Phaser but I already had a little forgotten,so improve a bit the graphics and here it is.

To play just use the left and right arrow keys to move the wheel and try to dodge the rocks with lava.

In Smartphones touches the side you want to move the wheel.

if you're interested in the code or something please let me know, enjoy.

post-4874-0-82355900-1399326914.png

Quite challenging games.

Although I don't have problem with gameplay, maybe you can polish up the presentation a bit.

The thing that bothered me is that, contrary to the games title, the wheel is not rolling at all (it just slide left/right without any rotation) :D

I think the collission detection can be improved a bit (using circle) since I can't really differentiate the edge of the wheel with the black background :)

hello, if you're right it you say, I'm still wondering why I made that presentation but I think I can live with that :D , I had thought about doing that rotate the wheel and collided with circle, but with the Arcade physics system that is not possible perhaps using p2.js. :)

One very easy way to rotate the wheel would be to simply do something like this (excuse the pseudocode):

if(go right) {   sprite.angle += angleDelta;}else if(moving left) {   sprite.angle -= angleDelta;}

Shouldn't be too hard to add in there, specially if you already have a similar "if" there for handling the movement logic. No need to think about physics really (although a bit of a bounce on landing could be cool.)

Depending on 

• 3 weeks later...

With arcade physics I don't think rotating a sprite will have any effect but a visual one. So I think the fact the sprite is square wouldn't matter, since you only rotate it visually, not "physically".

You can Try increasing the rotation by deltaX/(width/2) or something like that, in player's update function.

Also, if you do that, remember to set anchor to 0.5, 0.5, so rotation is from the center.