rightclick and leftclick - how to get the mouse buttons and add onDown/onUp events?

valueerror

well.. this works.. but it is insufficient...

if (game.input.mouse.button==2){ shootSensor();}if (game.input.mouse.button==0){shootFireball()}

i need to set onDown events or ask for button.isDown ? i also need to find out when the button is NOT pressed anymore and i need to be able to press both buttons together and do 2 things at the same time...

thx in advance!

function create() { ...  this.formerMouse=-1; // Phaser.Mouse.NO_BUTTON ...}function update(){...     if (game.input.mouse.button<0 && this.formerMouse>=0) {        //Button was clicked, but is not clicked any more     }     if (game.input.mouse.button==2){         if (this.formerMouse==-1) {          //onClick          shootSensor();        } else {          //isDown        }     }     if (game.input.mouse.button==0){         if (this.formerMouse==-1) {           //onClick           shootFireball();        } else {           //isDown        }     }     this.formerMouse=game.input.mouse.button;...}

This should work. Except for the 2 buttons together.

unfortunately this doesn't work.. i need to shootSensor(); on mouse down/hold and destroySensor(); on mouseUp  ...   

i can't believe that i am the first one who needs proper mouse input handling...  why is this so different to the keyboard or simple buttons...  after all a mouse button is just a button and every browser can handle left and right clicks...

unfortunately this doesn't work.. i need to shootSensor(); on mouse down/hold and destroySensor(); on mouseUp  ...   

I think that's a game logic problem, try this as the input-handlung in the update-function:

if (this.game.input.mouse.button != -1 || this.fomerMouse > -1) {            if(this.game.input.mouse.button<0 && this.fomerMouse ==2) {                console.log('destroySensor();');            } else {                if (this.game.input.mouse.button == 2 && this.fomerMouse != this.game.input.mouse.button) {                    console.log('shootSensor();');                } else if (this.game.input.mouse.button == 0 && this.fomerMouse !=this.game.input.mouse.button) {                    console.log('shootFireball();');                }             }            this.fomerMouse = this.game.input.mouse.button;        }

Notice, that I only "console.log" what's to be done.

i can't believe that i am the first one who needs proper mouse input handling...  why is this so different to the keyboard or simple buttons...  after all a mouse button is just a button and every browser can handle left and right clicks...

I think on this, the W3C is to blame. Their standard (that every browser uses) made it impossible to see if the left mouse-button is clicked in combination with other buttons. Let's hope that the HTML5 get's it right somwhere down the line.

argh.. i tried something like that yesterday but i couldn't think straight and failed ...  thank you very very much!

your code does the trick and the outcome is maybe as good as it gets due to the buit-in restrictions you mentioned..   (the problems that still exist are that leftclick also destroys the anchor and you can't shoot while the right mouse button is pressed - i really hope this gets better because for now that means creating a gameplay like teeworlds in html5 is impossible)

btw.  here is your code in the wild (my testing playground for the "teeworlds-anchor")

http://test.xapient.net/phaser/anchor/

Perhaps you could map the hook to the Shift- or Ctrl-Key. Still usable with the left hand. While handling the cursors but not tied to the mouse.

As for your code: Nice! This works way way better, than imagined.I feared either the fireballs to break the chain, or that fireballs were unusable, while the hook is in place.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...