Eldrad

Hello everyone!

I'm here to let you discover the first game that I publish on the internet. (Because in reality this is my second game).

So to explain the game, it's a mixture (at least in my mind) between a snake and a armagetron. The name itself comes from (Tron + Snake = Trake). This game has been developed to be played with friends on a single keyboard. You can play alone but there is really no interest. The two main additions are the ability to shoot and sprint. For the rest, you will discover soon enough ;). Commands to control the different snakes are explained on the homepage of the game

It is currently hosted on "itch.io" and you can play it at: http://jordan-aupetit.itch.io/trake

As regards the technical aspect, it has been realized with the Framework Html5 Phaser JS.

For the future, it has been recommended to me to create a version that would be playable on the internet. It would also be possible to add bots to play alone. I especially awaiting the opinion of the people to decide the result of this project.

Finally, the game has been tested on the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox without any problems.

Do not hesitate to give me your feedback!

Update (08/15/2014)

- Bots

- Graphic changes

- Bug fix

Hi eldrad, I was an addict of original snake game (I'm not alone there :D)

and I find your game awesome with the twists you added :D !

it'll be a good idea to add a configuration menu where you can bind keys for other players, for example I have an AZERTY keyboard, and AWSD is not usable for such games :D

also an AI player would be a greate idea (it's not too hard for a snake game).

keep it up !

I always thought that Snake will be easier without the wall. Thanks for proving me wrong :))

I have played it by myself, but I can see that it will become really hectic real fast if played with two or more people. Nice job there!

@Ezelia  About the configuration menu, i used a little trick about that. I don't used any problematic keys, i used, for instance, E S D F rather than Z Q S D. So, normally, it's okay for AZERTY and QWERTY players ;). I agree, i think that bots will be a really good feature :).

@ turnA  You are right, it's really hectic :) but it's also a little bit difficult.

I will keep you informed of progress!

• 4 weeks later...
Hello everyone!

I just released an update of the game that you can find here: http://jordan-aupetit.itch.io/trake

Now we can play against the computer. If you play alone, you will face three other snakes. Their intelligence is not exceptional, but it helps to understand how the game works and also to train to beat his friends. As I said before, the game is still meant to be played with friends rather than alone. The graphics have also been changed and moves away a little of the original minimalism. 

I'm waiting for your feedback on these additions. 

Continue playing!