Zirma - a multipayer strategy experiment

Gio

Hi everyone

I'd ike to show you what we've been working on for the past few weeks. Zirma is a multiplayer strategy game, inspired by board games, where you build, trade, explore and fight - any path may lead to success, but only the wisest player will get there first.

Like I said elsewhere, we're experimenting with games of different size and scope, to see what turns out to be more profitable. This is our 1-month project (in reality it took a bit longer because I was writing the engine at the same time, but the game itself took about 1 month).

You can play the game directly here, or get it from  the Chrome Web Store or Firefox Marketplace (in which case, give us a good rating please :))

A  couple of screenshots:

post-3966-0-94804400-1372752325.jpg

post-3966-0-42949100-1372752332.jpg

Our engine is going to be released for free soon, if anyone on here wants to get it early just give me a shout. More info at http://www.clockworkchilli.com

Thanks for the comments.

That's a very good suggestion about adding support for keyboards. If you have a multi-touch trackpad on your laptop you can scroll with two fingers, but we hadn't thought that many people don't have that :)

I will certainly keep updating on stats as they're available. This is mainly an exercise in learning something about the market, and I don't mind sharing some findings.

One thing I'd like to share already, which has really surprised me, is the percentage of mobile users: I'm seeing about 90% desktop, 10% mobile. This is only being self-published atm, not going through any publishers / portals yet, and numbers are still quite small... But I was expecting almost the opposite!