moving objects in direction that its rotation is pointing

solartistic

Hello there, I am having a problem.

I am trying to create a function with (position, rotation and speed) in its artibutes, that will return a new position.

Like in the title i want the returned position to be the point that the rotation of the object its pointing in the distance of "speed"

if I am not clear, imagine a spaceship that travels in space in any direction it wants but always with its prow pointing forward;

I think free cameras moves in similar way;

I've made a demo with a function "fly" that is completly wrong

http://playground.babylonjs.com/#1RLOQY#1

Can you please try to help me? :)

Hello there, I am having a problem.

I am trying to create a function with (position, rotation and speed) in its artibutes, that will return a new position.

Like in the title i want the returned position to be the point that the rotation of the object its pointing in the distance of "speed"

if I am not clear, imagine a spaceship that travels in space in any direction it wants but always with its prow pointing forward;

I think free cameras moves in similar way;

I've made a demo with a function "fly" that is completly wrong

http://babylonjs-playground.azurewebsites.net/#1RLOQY#1

Can you please try to help me? :)

I think what you want is to move the ship in local space right? Relative to the object?

Use: 

mesh.rotate(BABYLON.Axis.Z, 0.01, BABYLON.Space.LOCAL);mesh.translate(BABYLON.Axis.Y, 0.1, BABYLON.Space.LOCAL);

Example

Hi Temechon,

Ive already knew that algoritm and it is for translating on planes only, it would work for me if the rotation.x and the rotation.z is 0, but the object im trying to move is flying.

TriBlade9:

By the time my post was displayed and it was responded, i've learned about "localyTranslate" function and I think the result is similar. Thank you for your solution too. :)