L'Héritage Maudit

demonixis

Hi there!

I would to present you the game that I worked on, during the Point & Click Jam : L'héritage Maudit. We are three guys on it, two graphic artists and a programmer, I'm the programmer. For this jam, we had to choose an old color palette because it must look like a 90's game. So we've chosen the CGA palette because it remembers us many cool games of the DOS time!

About the story

You are Anne Jezequel, a french thriller novel writer during the 60's. Your uncle died and demise us his house in Brittany (France). You decide to leave Paris and take some rest and inspiration in the house for some time. But strange events will append…

tumblr_ngkzmlCZHH1s15knro2_1280.png

76618.jpg76617.jpg

The engine

I'm working on a custom engine called Atlantis.js, it's available on github. The particularity of this engine is that it's splited into two parts. A Framework which is a "light" rewrite of Microsoft XNA Framework and the engine that use the Framework and which is largely inspired by Flixel.

What about now

Today you can play the prologue which introduce the main character (Anne) and some other characters. Our original script contains four chapters, we have a lot of work to achieve before starting the first chapter, but when our new tools will be done, it'll be easy to add all chapters.

Currently i'm working on some fixes, by example the scaling of the main character, for now it's working but it's not really "realistic", it'll be fixed soon.

And now it's time to play

You can play the game on GameJolt website, or from my server (this version is better because you can switch to fullscreen mode). I'm working on mobile ports with Cordova, today the game can be downloaded for Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 8.1. I've some issues with Android but it's on the way for later ;)

Note that the game run very well on some console's browsers : Playstation 4, Xbox 360, PS Vita (You can take a look at my tumblr about that).

Don't hesitate to follow our works on Twitter or Google+

Hi (salut !),

I've just tested your game, nice to play at first sight :)

I don't know if it's a bug but I try to give my ID card the the old woman in the pub and she dont want it but it disappears from my inventory.

I stopped here for now, being blocked and nowhere to go from here (hotel is full ^^) - played just 10 minutes...

The CGA palette is great, even I'm mostly a CPC/ST/Amiga nostalgic more than a 90's PC one :)

On the other hand, I liked very much point and click games!

Good luck and good work on your game!

Hi, thank you for playing !

Hum it's a bug sorry, we've done a lot of tests but we don't have tested this case! I'll fix it asap and publish a new update.

Edit: It's not a big problem, just continue to talk with him and it'll be fine ;)

I'm glad that you liked, my plan is to polish the v0.4 which will bring somes important fixes.

If you like graphics, you can follow @Ckiop83 and @HDreadyGraphic on Twitter, these guys are cool ;)

As I said in my first post, the story is based on four chapters, today you can play the prologue, but be sure that the next will be great!

Technically I've to work on graphics editors now because we have to edit all databases (it's json files) and it begin to be hard with a text editor.

Back,

Ok I manage to finish the prologue : I didnt talk enough to the barman at first time, in fact I didnt use the ticket so I thought that was over with him (or I read to quickly, cant remember).

As you said the main character could be improved in scaling but movement too (pathfinding and speed).

The overall atmosphere is nice, thrilling ;)

Hi, 

I fixed some issues with the dialog system and the items. The game could be already completed but now without bugs with items (you can't give an item if the NPC don't want it at this time). I'm working now on a better movements for the player (Anne) and some enhancement. The Android build (which is done with Cordova) makes me crazy too :/