Absolute Beginner - Found no cohertent Step by Step

boulder

Hi, I am absolutely new to HTML5 and also in phaser. I have a Windows machine (Win7 -64bit). I am using XAMPP on a USB stick.

My problems:

1.) I have downloaded and unzipped Phaser. What must now be on the server (XAMPP -> htdocs)? "Hello Phaser" is running, whether in the server directory, or from HDD. What do I do with the Zip, unzip it after?

2.) On this page you say: look inside the Examples Directory. Where is the "Examples directory"? I found on my download no Examples directory !? In comparison: I also have downloaded Quintus, there is to be read: Look in Examples Directory, try this Examples. And the Examples are truly in the directory. In Phaser I look in vain.

I was very pleased to find this tutorial. Unfortunately, it stopped after one chapter, topic -> download. I can download Files! :) It would be interesting the next steps! Exactly the next Steps to start to work with Phaser. But when it was exciting, it ended. Imho relatively meaningless.

Sorry for my stupidity, I come, long time ago, from the flash area (at that time AS2) and current Blender 3D (BGE (Blender Game Engine) Phyton & Logic Bricks - I had hoped my way Blender models incorporate into HTML5 games. Later times.).

I currently have no idea what to do with the Phaser-Files. This structure still seems to me relative extraterrestrial, at the moment.

I hope I can learn something here in this forum and look forward to help!

Best Regards - Boulder

1). The only file you need for Phaser is the phaser.js file from the build directory in the zip. There are others, such as phaser.min.js but they are for other purposes, in this case a compressed version for releasing games. Using the uncompressed version during development can help debugging with more meaningful errors. The phase js file should be in the directory that your index file refers to (or your index file should refer to the where the phaser.js file is).

You will also need your actual game/example files copied into the Htdocs folder to run the example you need to open the html file file in your browser using localhost/examples/helloworld.html (just an example yours may differ).

2)The examples were split off from the main phaser download a while back so that page has probably not been updated to show that. They can be found here: https://github.com/photonstorm/phaser-examples.

I' m on an iPad at the moment and changing tabs keeps clearing my reply which is making it difficult to give examples. The getting started guide in 2) may have a few slight inaccuracies due to new versions but fits actual explanations of setting up should be sound as they are about your development tools rather than Phaser itself.

1). The only file you need for Phaser is the phaser.js file from the build directory in the zip. There are others, such as phaser.min.js but they are for other purposes, in this case a compressed version for releasing games. Using the uncompressed version during development can help debugging with more meaningful errors. The phase js file should be in the directory that your index file refers to (or your index file should refer to the where the phaser.js file is).

You will also need your actual game/example files copied into the Htdocs folder to run the example you need to open the html file file in your browser using localhost/examples/helloworld.html (just an example yours may differ).

2)The examples were split off from the main phaser download a while back so that page has probably not been updated to show that. They can be found here: https://github.com/photonstorm/phaser-examples.

I' m on an iPad at the moment and changing tabs keeps clearing my reply which is making it difficult to give examples. The getting started guide in 2) may have a few slight inaccuracies due to new versions but fits actual explanations of setting up should be sound as they are about your development tools rather than Phaser itself.

Thanks at all! Two best Answers!

I'm always doing something difficult for a new beginning. I found certain things not directly, but now I'm coming along well and studying the tutorials and examples. If it does not work, I ask here;)

Greetings! - The Dude