Panda - index.html

Ninjadoodle

Hi guys

This might be a silly question, but I'm wondering whether the index.html file that loads your finished Panda game, can be styled using css.

Could I for example put in a <div> and load the game at 75% of the browsers width, or do I have to load the index.html through an iframe first?

Thank you for advance for any suggestions :)

Sure you can.

Panda engine will try to search for canvas element with id of "canvas" and if it can't find it, it will create it.

You can also change the canvas id from config:

system: {    canvasId: 'myCanvas'}

So you can place your own canvas element on your html file, put it inside div, use CSS, whatever.

You might also wanna turn centering off:

system: {    center: false}

Hi @enpu

Thank you for the reply!

Man, I have so much to learn  :blink:

I managed to put a game inside the canvas element and give it a border (just learning), but I can't seem to set the size of the canvas. I think the value in config overrides that. The game stretches to the full browser height, even if I set the canvas height to be smaller.

Is there a way I could for example set the canvas size to 300px high and the game stretches to that size?

I'm a little lost with this as I think I also have to change some settings in the config file.

Thank again in advance!

Ah you are right, Panda is overriding some css on canvas, i think that's needs to be fixed.

But before that, here is how you can make it work:

<!DOCTYPE html><html><head>    <meta charset="utf-8">    <title>Panda.js HTML5 game engine</title>    <script type="text/javascript" src="src/game/config.js"></script>    <script type="text/javascript" src="src/engine/core.js"></script>    <script type="text/javascript" src="src/game/main.js"></script>    <style type="text/css">        #wrapper {            height: 300px;            text-align: center;        }        #canvas {            width: auto !important;            height: 100% !important;        }    </style></head><body>    <div id="wrapper">        <canvas id="canvas"></canvas>    </div></body></html>

Hi @enpu

Thank again!

I've tried the code and with 'scaleToFit: true' in the config enabled ....

changing -> height: 100% !important; to a different % or px value (for the canvas div) works ... but the wrapper height value still doesn't do anything.

At least now I know that it's possible :)