animate a bone through code

benoit-1842

So I will explain my situation.  I am now good with creating a scene in Blender and porting it to babylon.js in two viewports (thanx Gryff and Iceman). So right now I have a model that plays an animation created in Blender.  But now I want to create an animation directly through code (i.e moving one of my bones through code not passing by Blender).... So how works the animation of a model bone through code ?  I have seen the dude tutorial and  I still need some enlightement and my ultimate challenge it's to put kinect 2 data x,y,z qx,qy,qz and qw in my bone information so it can move accordingly to the position I get from my motion capture....

So for example this is my data for my left knee : 

"x": 0.223173529,
        "y": -0.388017774,
        "z": 0.582939148,
        "qx": 0.425287217,
        "qy": 0.6508006,
        "qz": -0.478602648,
        "qw": -0.408079475

How can I implement that "inside my bone " data in babylon.js........it will be fantastic !!!!

Hi, 

I did something with babylon that maybe could help you  :

http://www.html5gamedevs.com/topic/11918-ts-sources-character-study-demo-keyframe-animation-ragdoll/

It s about switching  keyframes animation character to a ragdoll physic mode. So I had to reflect ragdoll part to bones. You can have a look to my source, perhaps it will help you.

My dev is very specific to the model I use, but you can give it a try.

Sam

Salut, 

It's in Bundle.ts 

public compute(v:BABYLON.Vector3 , o:BABYLON.Quaternion): void {        //waarning call order here are very  important                     //  translation offset         var t: BABYLON.Vector3 = this.offset;        this.helper.locallyTranslate(new BABYLON.Vector3(-t.x, -t.y, -t.z));                       //compute matrix and update skeleton         var world: BABYLON.Matrix = this.helper.getWorldMatrix();        world.invert();        var m = this.bone.getWorldMatrix().multiply(world);        // waitt 1 one frame before update         if (!this.wait) {            this.bone.update(m);        }                    // this f..... rotation quaternion offset fix        var qinvert = BABYLON.Quaternion.Inverse(this.qset);        var r = this.mesh.rotationQuaternion;                 this.helper.rotationQuaternion = r.multiply(qinvert);          var t = new BABYLON.Vector3(this.mesh.position.x-v.x, this.mesh.position.y-v.y, this.mesh.position.z-v.z)        this.helper.position = t;          this.wait = false;    }

As I said you it's very specific to my model, and I need to deal with  some strange 3dsmax exporter behavior (the new one maybe fix that). It's very important to do not have hierarchy between your bones when you export you model. Hope this help.

Exactly, I use this trick because, with hierarchy each bone is relative to his parent. I was no very comfortable with heavy matrix computing. With independant bones, position and rotation are stored in world unit. So it was not a problem for keyframe mode  and for the ragdoll mode, the hierarchy is giving by the ragdoll boxes.