Airshot

DemiPixel

Airshot is a game I've been writing for a while. It doesn't have exciting graphics but I hope you guys enjoy playing it regardless!

I'd love feedback on any improvements I can make so throw everything at me! My main limitation is audio since HTML5 has a lengthy delay between calling "play()" and actually playing the audio, preventing me from playing hit sounds without it sounding wonky (would love some tips on that).

Anyway, try it out!

Not a bad game, and the music is really good. Three points though

1) I think it would make more sense if your shooting base is in the middle of the screen, instead of in the lower left corner.

2) The "continue quit" options after every failed level is annoying. I would make it auto-continue, so quickly show "too bad, try again" and then immediately continue a next try. Because the rounds are so short you have to click "retry" a lot, this is a little interuptive of the game. Either that, or just allow the player to tap anywhere to retry or something like.

3) When there are more balls in play and you miss one while the other is still in the air the game quits to the "continue quit" options. This also feels interuptive, I would make it quit only when all balls are gone.

• 11 months later...

I just found this game and gave it a shot.  While the premise and implementation seems pretty simple, it seems like this simplicity makes my brain continue to play it because I feel I should be able to pass what seems like an easy level when in fact its not.  This is a really compelling game.