Using depth-of-field and other lens effects

Dad72

Oh, jahow, I've just noticed that with the new babylon.2.1-beta, the blur is really stronger than with the version I was using until then (a two weeks old 2.1-alpha version).

The blur power is quite enough strong in fact.

However, my scene has a totally different scale than your skull examples, and at this scale I found that the far objects are really better than previous version, but the closest objects have now strange artifacts they didn't had.

For info: the previous version can't compile anymore in the latest chrome, nor in the next Firefox release (both are using the same google ANGLE for WebGL)

Oh, congratulations!! I see that the blur now reacts correctly with surface containing alpha against constrated backgrounds (for instance a black plane with alpha above a white plane)

(I think it was the bloom and not the blur which was acting not well in such situation)

Wow, that's a pretty watch! From the look of it I'd say the background is very far away and as such is drawn with a lot of blur, some of which gets sampled from the button. Since the background is a plain color, the artifact is very visible.

Ok, I guess there's a fix to this. Checking for the depth of the pixel we're sampling should allow us to be sure that we don't sample the blur from something that is in focus. I'll have to add a parameter, something like "precise blur", since it will be a bit costly in performance. I'll work on it tomorrow and keep you updated, alright?