Phaser.Graphics.lineTo Not Working

swissnetizen

I've got this problem with Phaser.Graphics; I'm trying to draw a line; however, it simply doesn't show up on the screen. I'm using v2.2.2

My code:

// Nothing shows upvar g = game.add.graphics(0, 0);// Without doing this, lineTo will throw "this.currentPath is null"g.moveTo(0, 0);g.lineStyle(5, 0xFFFFFF, 1);g.lineTo(50, 50);// I see a white circle (outlined)g.circle(50, 50, 50);

I'm really not sure how to fix this.

I'm also curious about the performance issues (if any) with Phaser.Graphics.

Just a small mistake (perhaps  you use another framework where the drawing command is just circle?)  It should be drawCircle. All of the shape methods in Phaser's graphics are prefaced with 'draw'.  http://docs.phaser.io/Phaser.Graphics.html.

You do always need to start your first line by manually defining a moveTo.  If I remember correctly, subsequent ones start from the last's end point.

I'm not sure about performance - it's never had a noticeable impact on my stuff but I don't really do anything that intensive.

var g = game.add.graphics(0, 0);g.lineStyle(5, 0xFFFFFF, 1);  g.moveTo(0, 0);g.lineTo(50, 50);g.drawCircle(50, 50, 50);