[WIP] Glubs!

OscarBraindeaD

Hi all!

Well, here is my first [almost] finished game. I must add some chip musics and sounds and it will totally finished.

It's done using Phaser and supports mobile & desktop devices.

It's inspired by zx spectrum's "glub glub" game, I did the code and graphics and include new features (shop, new creatures, night phases, etc)

You must collect the chests in the seabed and bring them to the boat in the surface, avoiding crashing into the sea creatures, pillars, mines, etc. You can also take stars to buy upgrades in the shop.

I hope you like it, if you can ignore the graphics :D

You can play it at:

www.braindeadgames.net/js/glub/index.html

Maybe the game is too "amateur" to be licensed, if you have any ideas to do more "professional" to be licensed and earn some money to invest in my next game, I'll be happy to hear your opinions.

Thanks for read this and test the game.

Best regards.

post-10342-0-47288200-1427702964.png

post-10342-0-91739400-1427702965.png

post-10342-0-16887900-1427702968.png

post-10342-0-86019900-1427702969.png

post-10342-0-51277000-1427702971.png

I'm not sure it will succeed in getting licensed, but it's a really fun little remake all the same :)

Some instructions could be helpful (in-game) and maybe make the first couple of treasure chests a bit easier? I struggled to even get two of them and I knew what I was doing (from the Speccy original!)

Hi all,

@rich, thanks for trying and give your opinion.

I'm not sure it will succeed in getting licensed, but it's a really fun little remake all the same :)

Some instructions could be helpful (in-game) and maybe make the first couple of treasure chests a bit easier? I struggled to even get two of them and I knew what I was doing (from the Speccy original!)

Hmmm... maybe the first level must be a little tutorial to learn about movement and how the gameplay works.

To make it more easy I should put a difficult selector.

I'll work on this.

Oh and btw it's "oxygen" not "oxigen"

Fixed! :)

Good work! I like the submarine sprite too, very simple but cool :)

By the way, I used the exact same text generator (the one you used to make the "Glub" title) in my own first game. Heh.

Thanks, druphoria ... I'm a bad artist... It's the best I can do using a drawing app...

This text generator is simple but good enough for little titles :)

I don't think you need a difficulty selection screen, just make the first level a playable tutorial and that would be enough imho!

Thanks, rich. Yes, a first level tutorial is the best option, I'll do it.

Best regards!