Getting Phaser onto Mobile Device

kelvinblade

I am new to programming but i would like to try to build a game for my daughter. I read that there are many ways to get phaser onto android / ios.

I understand there is cocoon, crosswalk, cordova.

Can you tell me which one is the best in terms of 1) performance vs. 2) learning curve ?

Another question is by getting them onto a mobile device, does that mean it'll create a file for me to upload to playstore or app store or is that a different process?

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

The answers to your questions are neither simple, concise or accurate.  If you are new to programming then you would probably struggle to understand the answers.

I have a suggestion, download Intel XDK and have a play with this - it's free and will do everything you want.  It has many starter project templates, including a few for Phaser.  You can edit and test within XDK.  You can build the project for your target device - here you will learn about the developer certificates needed for different targets/stores.

I'd say the easiest way is to build an android .apk, you can copy it to your device and install it without needing any developer account.

Once you have a little experience under your belt, you can then worry about which wrapper to use and performance considerations.

You could also create a game directly in the browser, and just run it on the device that you are looking to run it on, which means you wouldn't have to worry about certificates. If you are building a game for your daughter, with just a few target devices, this may be a better option as you do not need to worry about the app stores at all.