Phaser global state object

DanielDunderfelt

Hello Phaserists!

I just started out with Phaser, and was wondering if there's a built-in way to have a global state object. What I mean is an object whose preload, update, create and render methods are always called, regardless of which other state the game is currently in.

I've solved it by having a singleton object with the needed methods, which I always import into my state files (I use ES6). Then I can call its methods from the respective methods of the real state. While this solution isn't bad, it would be useful to have a built-in way to declare a global state object, maybe something like 

game.setGlobalState(myStateObject)// ornew Phaser.Game(..., myStateObject)

Something to consider?

There's no concept of a "global" State in Phaser (it's not something I've ever come across in other game frameworks either to be honest).

Could you not just create a 'base' state from which all other states extend? So long as the extended states didn't override the core methods, they would be called every time. I don't really understand what kind of game structure would ever need this! but it's how I'd go about it for sure.