[Possible bug (2.1)] Optimizing render target or refractions and reflexions bad

Dad72

Hello, 

I have just seen that when one adds water (just with a small water level) with refractionTexture and reflectionTexture I lose 11 FPS. I pass from 60 FPS to 49 FPS.
I desactivate by the debugLayer "Render Target", I return has 60 FPS. I think that there is a problem on the optimization of "render target" or on the "refractions" and "reflexions."

I can not reproduce it in the playground, because I use the shader available on the blog. Here:

Thank you

In previous versions (<  2.0) when I used the water with the same Shader I did not lose FPS. at present -10 FPS, which is a lot. You tell me that this is normal now, but before I did not lose FPS (or 2, 3), so I do not understand if you tell me that this is normal. 

Why not before that consumed as much ? Me and this regressive huge difference told me that there definitely is a problem. No ?

My 2 cents.  I do not trust the FPS on Debug Layer.  At first I thought it was being on Ubuntu with display drivers that are just not as good.

Then I started profiling.  For the exact same scene, Firefox would say after a profiling session that I was averaging 30fps, but I show 17 in Debug Layer.

The other problem with using debug layers #'s across versions BJS versions, is Debug Layer is in BJS, so it is not a neutral, observer.

dad72, I would run 2 profiling sessions where the only difference is the BJS version.  What does it say?  The really good part is, you can drill down into the cpu side of each performance, at least, and see where it might be coming from.

I find where does the problem exactly, is my field that uses a big subdivisions: 190 so I have more than 21,000 vertices. when I hide the ground, I returned 60 FPS even with water.

I look forward to the LOD on ground, it would make large lot with retail for heigthmap.