Making ALL cameras 3D

JCPalmer

Ok, PR on the way.  Said automatic merge.  DK, you of course may want to adjust after.

We still need to decide what the setter code needs to do, but I have my new hardware, Sony XPERIA X3 compact by Friday.  Was more complicated, since the only way to buy the 10" X2 that DB got was to get a Verizon 2 yr contract.  WiFi only is fine for me.  X3 is even a little faster.  In the end paid $22 extra for an Amazon vender who already has it in country. 

With Mria-cast being so new, I did not want to take any chances by mixing tablet-TV brands.  Am sure this is just my early timing.

The X3?  I just got my Z2 and love it.  I woud love to go for the X3 phone, but hate contracts - which is why I'm developing on the Z3 tablet.  I hardly power my laptop on now.  Building an interface natively on the tablet at 60fps is great.  I'm using bGUI, and hope to post a demo tomorrow.

I have not republished, but just tested now that it is part of the main repo.  Still works, though the VR mode does not.  It never did with this scene.

My current activities are to get the next Dialog extension update done.  This is needed for testing this, since there is going to be a new button feature, hideSystemOnClick(boolean).  The button will still have a callback, but when clicked the entire dialog will disappear, except for the orange outline of the button.  The outline should then blink twice, then disable the entire Mesh heirarchy, and remove dialog system camera from scene for maximum performance.  Once gone, then the callback will fire.

Showing the blinking outline by itself is to convey to the customer that it is still there, clicking will bring it back & call the callback again.  In this scene, this is going to be the "Play-Pause", button.  Going to use a scene.onPointerDown when dialog disabled.

Will update doc & What's New after the setters, which also change _subCamHalfSpace, are done.  Earliest that could be,  due to hardware, is Friday.  I doubt I will be done play then, though.

I'm wondering if camera.setSubCameraMode is clear enough?

Community: Thoughts?

I am always for enums and not fixed parameters in the class, since the enum contains all of the options for this specific mode setting function. Camera enthält schon:

private static _PERSPECTIVE_CAMERA = 0;        private static _ORTHOGRAPHIC_CAMERA = 1;        private static _FOVMODE_VERTICAL_FIXED = 0;        private static _FOVMODE_HORIZONTAL_FIXED = 1;        private static _SUB_CAMERA_MODE_NONE = 0;        private static _SUB_CAMERA_MODE_ANAGLYPH = 1; 

It is a little confusing (especially for a newcomer) - can I use FOVMODE for Sub Camera? Technically yes :-)

As it is not yet documented, it is hard to say how easy it is to understand, maybe it will be clearer if all otions were documented.

link again:

https://googledrive.com/host/0B6-s6ZjHyEwUfkRGTUVVTUxaT01UZUlieGdCODF1blFZZHJFMnRJUHBpcG1KcnBjUVluYXc

as text:

googledrive.com/host/0B6-s6ZjHyEwUfkRGTUVVTUxaT01UZUlieGdCODF1blFZZHJFMnRJUHBpcG1KcnBjUVluYXc

sorry, but broke clavicle.  go on without me.  did the best I could finishing tester.  Lcd scroller must click once to display.  Hopefully runs once tablet gets here.

tablet arrived.  after

• getting out of japanese
  • upgrading to lolypop
  • getting on wifi, exceeded # of devices; had to log into router to bump

side-to-side viewed as 1 image with glasses, ruined by tabs though.

big problem with up down; the tabs on browers too much space to deal with

drugs & all this got to me, stopped.

need full screen.  does chrome mobile obey script command?  if so, can someone write line, please?  coding wt mouse not to bad.

else need to install cocoon launcher

buttons also too small.  will make huge.  look stupid, but dialog disapears.

Hmmm, I've just installed 2.1.rc to test this new camera implementation but in my projects I cannot move ArcRotateCamera anymore (with mouse nor keyboard) if I set checkCollisions to true (and I need to set it :)).

I had a look to the code to see what could have changed which gives me this bug but I didn't pointed it for now.

Any idea people who had modified cameras in the last month ? (the previous 2.1-beta version I used is ok, commited on 27 april)

sorry, the clear separation of rendering from aiming / positioning, over co mingling the 2 could clearly have this type of regression.  I am not much help, typing with 1 finger, sometimes 2.

I am using my limited capability & 3D TV hardware to try to validate the stereo rendering.  Come to conclusion that browsers are just not going to cut it for games in tablet form factor.  Chrome appears to be full screen in Android, but it is not at the bottom.  Switch to Cocoonjs in progress.

Thanks DK. You manage to reproduce the issue on your side ?

I've noticed and corrected some other little bugs while testing this release candidate inside more complex frameworks, I'll do a few PRs tomorrow evening if I have the time.