V3 loader - localhost and crossOrigin

Schoening

I am new to v3 and running into a couple of issues...

Firstly. I am making a game with my Girlfriend to teach her some JavaScript. 

She is afraid of using commands or installing a webserver on her mac, so I am trying to make crossOrigin work to load textures.

I am using an array of objects that store the name and url, I then add the crossOrigin msg "behind the scenes":

var textures = [  { name: "burger", url: "images/Hamburger.png" },  { name: "moon", url: "images/Lunaone_1.png" }];
var l = textures.length;for ( var i = 0; i < l; i += 1 ) {  textures[i].crossOrigin = "Anonymous";  loader.add( textures[i] );}

However when I try to use the textures:

var burger = new PIXI.Sprite( textures["burger"].texture );

I get the following error:

Uncaught SecurityError: Failed to execute 'texImage2D' on 'WebGLRenderingContext': The cross-origin image at file:///C:/Users/Oliver/Documents/pirate-game/images/Hamburger.png may not be loaded.

Is there something I can do here without having to install a webserver?

Without telling chrome to allow file:// protocol access from local (with a command line param) this will fail because it is a security violation. Also, if your opening a file:// locally, and loading a file:// then that isn't cross origin IIRC.

Running a local server is easier than using a special launch of chrome most of the time. You can just install the `http-server` module (npm i -g http-server), then start it with 4 characters:

hs .

Doesn't get much easier than that.