Is there a Phaser + Crosswalk Tutorial?

gianthead

TLDR:

Is there a step by step guide that walks through turning a Phaser game into a Crosswalk apk? 

Details:

I've been using Cocoon's webview+ (essentially chrome) to wrap my Phaser games, which has been great. But Google Play has flagged my Cocoon apps for removal with an alert about unpatched SSL vulnerabilities that are part of the wrapper. The issue has been there since Jan this year but Ludei's response in a thread on their forums says they don't have time to fix it. 

So I'm re-wrapping my Phaser games with Crosswalk, which already updated their wrapper to not have the SSL vulnerability. Although the process seems straightforward, it would still be nice to have a tutorial that explains it. My search turned up lots of Cocoon tutorials but no Crosswalk ones. So I'm posting here to see if other people might know where to find one.

For any newcomers planning on using Cocoon webview+ to wrap their Phaser games, I suggest you consider this problem you will run into. I'm not sure if canvas+ has the same problem. 

Since I can't be bothered to write a full blown tutorial, here's a short version:

1. npm install -g cordova
2. cordova platform add android
3. cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-crosswalk-webview
4. cordova build android --release

Output is under platforms/android/build/outputs/apk (ARMv7 and x86 version). Install the correct one onto your device by copying it to the device and using the file manager on the device to install it. To upload to the store, toggle advanced mode and upload ARMv7 and x86 versions into the appropriate version boxes.

Assumptions:

You already have a www folder in which your game and dependencies live.

Prerequisites:

1. NodeJS/npm (https://nodejs.org/)
2. Android SDK (https://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html)

• 11 months later...