Tesseract on the playground...

pathogen

Just a little sketch I did... a rotating tesseract made out of lines meshes in the babylon playground.

I have left the code very declarative rather than bundling things up in loops, functions, and too many arrays so that you can see where each point is and how the tesseract is constructed with 'squares' (in this instance, there are many different ways to create them!).

• 2 weeks later...

Hey thanks! :) When I tutored metaphysics at uni I tried showing the students these sorts of animations to give them an idea of what a fourth dimension would look like when reduced... the stoners were highly amused lol

Also I just realised that the PG has a whole lot of excess lines meshes... oops! Insomnia is great for coding ideas... execution is a different matter.

You're a God, Pathogen!  COOL CODE!  (The cool code klaxons are going-off!)

But I could be a stoner... I can't remember.  :)

Metaphysics, eh?  I'm kind of a Seth fan, and I've had one "thing" that certainly seemed like an OBE (10 years ago).  I never get to fly in dreams, but in that short nap dream, I was a major heli-pilot.  I woke with a "motor" running in my chest, too.  Maybe an ommmotor.  ;)

Scary and fascinating, all at once.  Now moments, probable selves, each create our own entire universe...  it's a difficult garment to "try on".  Still, I try to "what if" myself regularly, and I have a rather obsessive quest to discover why Fibonacci numbers happen so often in nature.  I think it has to do with music... a chord... a harmony... that nature can hear, but we can't.  (yawn)

Do you have some specific points of MP that interests you, Patho? 

We could probably go off-topic for months on this, eh?  I DO love going deep, but sometimes I get scared and back-out for a smoke and a cold washcloth.  :)

Scary and fascinating, all at once.  Now moments, probable selves, each create our own entire universe...  it's a difficult garment to "try on".  Still, I try to "what if" myself regularly, and I have a rather obsessive quest to discover why Fibonacci numbers happen so often in nature.  I think it has to do with music... a chord... a harmony... that nature can hear, but we can't.  (yawn)

Do you have some specific points of MP that interests you, Patho? 

We could probably go off-topic for months on this, eh?  I DO love going deep, but sometimes I get scared and back-out for a smoke and a cold washcloth.  :)

Yes yes, all of that indeed! Whether the fundamental laws of our universe are necessary fundamental laws for any possible universe, or whether they are accidental properties of this one. Poly-verses. Possible worlds. Causation (mostly quantum theories). Philosophy of Science. What are these things we're talking about? Ontology and theories of being. Identity. Self-identity. Constitution of being through time. And Philosophy of Art ;)

I was mostly interested in the sort of metaphysics that deals with actual, and current, scientific theories... without having to do all the experimentation or the math :D And art! Always art  :wub: 

Oh yes, it's all off-topic... in the best possible way! It was funny that once I had put my childish desires aside I would listen to people who happened to be indulging in certain hedonistic activities and they were all saying 'woah, imagine if...' and 'somebody should really study that'. Well... I was! And a lot of great thinkers have. Here is a 500 page book for you to read. But of course they never wanted to commit like that :rolleyes:

Man, P, you don't live near the Upper Peninsula of Michigan USA by chance, do you?  I want to talk with you for a year, if you're not busy.  :)

Did you ever ponder that... when you offered the 500 page book... that you were offering them a "belief system"... assembled by another?  A religion.  And you know folks... if you are the observer that I think you are.  They're not buying it.  They've had smoke blown up their butts before, and about the only religion many of them are hugging these days... is science... or... in other words... the claims of the THEMs/THEYs.  You were being a pusher, no matter how gentle and graciously you presented the curriculum.  ;)

I have found (sometimes)... that each person needs to discover it, so it looks like THEIR idea, THEIR personal religion... THEIR personal well-hugged belief system.  Sometimes, it comes from a near-death experience.  Sometimes... only the START of the SEARCH for a more logical/accurate belief system... comes from a near-death or other shocker.

Ok, sometimes just beat it into them with a baseball bat, too... we use it on kids, often.  heh

One "thing" I "try on" fairly often... is "this is all a dream".  Most trivialize dreaming by adding "just" a dream... at which time I correct and say "Not JUST a dream, but every bit of a totally believable and highly detailed 6-sense fooling dream!"  Scoffs and scandals sprout like clover. 

Trying-on a pretending... a "What if this is all a dream, and YOU are the only one in it, and all the other people and stuff... are stage props... INCLUDING ALL SCIENCE!"  (all scientists are actors in your personal dream - not real - and are telling you things that feed YOUR hugged belief system... because... YOU created the dream of this entire universe.) 

Seth claims this is so (if Seth exists at all and what does the term 'exist' really mean).  He/It says we create our universes perfectly per our beliefs.  So, if you believe science is "real" in YOUR personal dream of a universe... then it IS real... and you created that science to help convince yourself... that this story dream... is real.  (whatever REAL means THIS hour).  The words "real" and "exist" and their definitions... could be part of the dream... YOUR dream... of an entire universe and all things in it.  (and all word definitions, programmed by others or yourself)

Phew.  And this is "trying on" the "it's all a dream" belief system, not hugging it tightly or anything dangerous like that.  Its hard to do. 

When a person DOES try-on (don) a temporary belief system like that... you treat the world differently... and the world will think you are bigtime weird/retarded.  You change your priorities when you pretend its all a dream.  But the (dream) world does not instantly cooperate with your new angle of perspective.  Some say it takes "time"... to remove the old hugged beliefs (and thus takes time to re-create your dream per your NEW beliefs) (time = synapse gaps). 

Meantime, I'm inside a (seemingly real-) jail for trespassing on dream land.  "How did I get arrested for walking around on MY planet in MY dream?"  "Did I get dream-arrested?"  :)  Do I believe in ownership (hugged-grade belief), and therefore I can get into dream trouble regarding ownership?  What is "I"?

So much.  SO so much to grapple-with.  The Fibonacci Drool that I have... drooling over conch shells and cochleas and snails... shapes of apples and pears, and patterns in pine cones and sunflowers... overlapping of petals in flowers, rotations of stems around plant stalks, these Fibonacci "symbols" might only be pertinent in MY dream of an entire universe, not anyone elses.  It could be a personal thing.  When I designed my dream of a universe, I wrote-in my interest in fib things... spirographs and crap.  It was specially designed by me, for me... to make my story of Wingnut more interesting.  I wrote-in a person named Pathogen, too... that I could rattle-on aimlessly-to... on one summer dream-day.  Maybe a person named Pathogen... wrote me into THEIR story, too.

Or, not.  :)  *scratch scratch*   Donning.  Donning belief systems.  Examining satellite beliefs that orbit around core beliefs... that could each be programming or self-foolery... part of a dream story that I'm telling to me... quite convincingly.  (delicious self-lies) 

Speaking of delicious things, I have seen something I call "popsicle mesmerization" in 7 yr olds sucking on popsicles.  Its the storytime stare.  While folks eat delicious things... they go into a stupor/stupid.  Its like a daydream. Its very similar to the mez-drool that folks get when they are hearing/watching an enthralling story.  I suspect... that our brains... are wired to be story-listening machines.  We are easily convinced of ANYTHING... including that our dream world... is real.  Our 5 senses are attracted to story... like a moth to flame.  We are built... for story listening/engagement (maybe).  Is another part of ourselves.... built for story TELLING?  hmmm.

Weird.  Even the weird is weird.