FreeCamera with noRotationConstraint invert controls

Irazer

Hi all,

I saw that a freecamera with noRotationConstraint actually invert the control when the max (or min) y is reached.

Is there any other way to have a limitless y axis (like we have for the x axis) with no control changes.

For example, I want to be able to do a looping with a plane (you pull the mouse towards the y and it should continue to roll endlessly)

Thanks

Actually after digging and testing the FollowCamera seems closer to what I want but the FollowCamera only changes the y axis

Do you thinks it is possible with a Follow or an ArcRotare Camera to change x, y and z axis?

Thanks

Hi Irazer, cool name.  Welcome to the forum, good to have you with us!

Could parenting a free camera to an invisible box (a gizmo)... and then rotating the box... work for you?

http://playground.babylonjs.com/#RYZUD#1

Maybe that will help.  It is at least fun to play with.  :)  Be well, good luck.

On a side note, framework experts - shouldn't the green color from the hemi light .groundColor... be affecting the bottom of the ground plane (like it does on the sphere)?  Maybe I'm missing something.  I think the material (if a mesh HAS one - sphere doesn't - ground does) must contain SOME green amount in its .diffuseColor before a hemi light's green groundColor will show on it.  But I have plenty of gray on the diffuseColor, specularColor, and emissiveColor for the ground material, and gray contains a green component.  So, hmm.  Thoughts, anyone?  (thx)

It's very LIKELY I'm missing something.  I think it's called aptitude.  See, I forget things in order to make room for more learning.  Not good.  :)

But backFaceCulling is off.  I agree, the normal of the plane is UP, and the light's .diffuse should color that (and does).  But .groundColor should light the bottom because backFaceCulling is off... I would think.  Maybe not.  :)  Thanks dk.  *scratch scratch*.  I need more studying.  :)

Oh man, now it all makes even LESS sense!  :D  I think I'm getting a tumor!  heh   Sure, the bottom is green now, well done.  But SO IS THE TOP!  haha

Now hemi.groundColor is coloring BOTH SIDES of the plane?  hmm.

Yeah, it's a tumor, I'm pretty sure.

Yuh, yuh, yuh, you are right.  Ground planes have no downward-facing normals.  I'll be darned.  1.5 years of BJS... it sure took me a long time to find THIS Wingnut confusion point.  :)  Thank you, DK!   I'll probably forget this in a year, and ask the same annoying question again.  :)  Hemi.groundColor never works on a ground.  hehe.  *scratch scratch*