Pebble Boy - Okijin Games

OkijinGames

Thanks, I also use CocoonJS and works great, I guess it's the quickest method out there.

One thing I want to note about your game, I played it on a Nexus 7 (2013) and the graphics are not as crisp as on desktop. Some elements (like the birds, main character, dragon, etc) look very crisp but the UI elements look a bit blury (the power-ups, the menu button, the coin and stones icons and top star bar). Are you using higher resolution for game entities and lower resolution for UI elements? Also, I thought that CocoonJS made apps 20MB+, did they improve it or did you do some optimizations to reduce the app size?

That's interesting because I started to use one of their new feature:

CocoonJS.App.setTextureReduction

Sets the texture reduction options. The texture reduction is a process that allows big images to be reduced/scaled down when they are loaded. Although the quality of the images may decrease, it can be very useful in low end devices or those with limited amount of memory. The function sets the threshold on image size (width or height) that will be used in order to know if an image should be reduced or not.

I guess on your device some textures get the reduction treatment with this method while others don't hence the difference you noticed.

Prior to this I was using several assets size packs and they were loaded dynamically in the game depending on device screen size so all textures were the same size. I may have to play with the threshold number to limit the rendering discrepancies but this way I can reduce the total size of the game by a lot since I only have to provide one assets pack and let CocoonJS handle the texture reduction.