Phaser/Cordova Pause/onPause

jbattersby

Hi,

We are in the process of making an "app" version of the game via Cordova and I'm struggling to fix an issue in relation to the game pausing on iOS.

We provide a link to an external webpage to allow the player to register for the game and this is opened via:

window.open(url '_system'); return false;
  • If I call game.paused = true before window.open, nothing happens and the game continues.
  • If I call game.paused = true after window.open, the link opens but I receive a gpus_ReturnNotPermittedKillClient error and crash. The thing is, this doesn't get called because the window starts opening there and then. I tried to circumvent this by putting the window.open call in a setTimeout function (delayed by 1 second) but I get the same result.

I am using 2.4.2 so the game.lockRender property should also be set to true but the same issue happens. If I try to do it directly the same results. Moreover, I've added a game.onPause signal receiver in the state this happens in but this never gets called. Which makes me believe that whatever should be happening as a result of game.paused isn't actually happening.

Any ideas on how I can resolve this?