Critique on first game...

MasterSplinter

Okay, first game I have ever built by myself...  Probably needs some serious refactoring love.  But, it is functional...

Would love to get peoples opinions:

//game

https://rawgit.com/wpdildine/Simon-Says/master/src/index.html

//code

https://github.com/wpdildine/Simon-Says/tree/master/src

Also, side note had a bunch of problems with the cdn and using html boilerplate and the babylon.js file....   Otherwise, I'd give you my (gulped?) version.

Pretty cool! Seems to work very well as far as I can tell. I got to a score of 12 or something then I messed up :P But I almost didn't realize that I got it wrong. So a hint "Game Over" would be nice. Otherwise not much to improve here, from my point of view! :)

Idea: For even higher difficulty you could turn the camera to different angels so that the user really has  to remember the color and not just the position.

Well, it's kinda popular so I guess he thought it's not needed, but of course you are right. Instructions are always helpful :D

When you start it, one of the cubs flashes. So you click that cube. After that the first cube flashes, then the next one. So you click the the first cube and then the next one. This way the sequence gets longer and longer and it gets hard to remember what cube to push. Hope you know what i mean :P

It's very popular dad72, indeed! You never played to Simon when you were young? I'm almost sure you did! ;)

It's a pretty cool game. I can have easily a good score. But:

- as said before, you should display something when we've lost.

- as the creator of the web audio stack, I would have loved hearing the famous Simon game's sounds to help me even more ;)

Congrats for your first game!

David

It's very popular dad72, indeed! You never played to Simon when you were young? I'm almost sure you did! ;)

Simon,  :mellow:  Not really, I do not know. When I was young I did not playing the games, none, I spent my time in the street. So no, Sorry I not know what seems popular for everyone.  :(

But congratulations for the work on this game.