how to know when and action finished

sergil

Hi!

I'm new in this forum and phaser ... I'm also remembering how to use javascript as it took a long time without using it

for the development of my little test game, I'm using the dev branch of phaser and examples of gamestate .. I encounter a problem when wanting to control when a tweening is complete.

so, when I want to control when the tween has finished and the game can start playing, I find that chrome gives me the exception "is a required param listener of add () and Should be a Function"
Test.Game = function (game) {        this.game = game;        this.messageLayer;        this.play = false;};Test.Game.prototype = {        preload: function () {                this.game.load.spritesheet('balls', 'assets/sprites/balls.png', 17, 17);        },        create: function () {                                this.messageLayer = this.game.add.group();                this.GUImessageStart();        },        update: function () {                if (this.play) {                        //this.updateGame();                        //this.updateScore();                }                        },        GUImessageStart: function () {                var spr_menu = this.game.add.sprite(-this.game.width/2, this.game.world.centerY, 'message');                spr_menu.anchor.setTo(0.5, 0.5);                this.game.add.tween(spr_menu)                .to({ x: this.game.width/2 }, 1500, Phaser.Easing.Bounce.Out)                .to({ x: this.game.width+(this.game.width/2) }, 500, Phaser.Easing.Linear.None, false, 1000)                .onComplete.add(this.startPlay(), this)                .start();                this.messageLayer.add(spr_menu);        },        startPlay: function () {                this.play = true;        },        quitToMenu: function () {                console.log('lets quit! back to the main menu');                this.game.state.start('mainmenu');        }}
do you know what is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

Yes, but I think you'll find it may still not work, because I don't think onComplete.add returns the tween data type, so the chain will break. Best to just have that on a line on its own. Very few functions in Phaser support chaining, so it's probably not a safe habit to get in to using, as it'll break all over the place if tried elsewhere.

I found the problem... the final code is 

s = this.game.add.tween(spr_menu)s.to({ x: this.game.width/2 }, 1500, Phaser.Easing.Bounce.Out)s.to({ x: this.game.width+(this.game.width/2) }, 500, Phaser.Easing.Linear.None, false, 1000)s.onComplete.add(this.startPlay, this)s.start();

I create a variable (like the examples of phaser) for controling tween and I't works...

thanks