FYI, Firefox 40 might have Sound issues

JCPalmer

I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon trying to debug sounds being part of POV.MotionEvents.  At first, it was my problem, but by the end of the day, I was sure the sound was ready to play ( and would play, if autoplay was requested), but play() had no result.

Today, I got a system update notification for Firefox, and loaded it.  I just reloaded the scene, not changed today & it plays.  With Ubuntu, I cannot go back to Firefox 40, that is a very small window of time for this change in behavior.

Curiously, I've never had been able to get any of the davrous playground examples to work. But last week while looking at a playground example, I opened the "debug/editor" panels and noticed a setting for headphones - so I thought maybe that was the problem (as I use wireless headphones. So I went back to the davrous examples to retry them.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, They played fine - without having to use that headphone setting.

Traditionally, I have always used howler.js, as it relatively simple to use and has a feature that I like ("sprites").

cheers, gryff :)

I am using BABYLON.Sound.  In process of making speech animation more practical, using meshes from Make Human.  Have pushed the actual starting of the SOUND down to the POV extension, which is what MORPH is built on.  Pulled Voice-sync out of MORPH, into its own Module, MakeHuman.

The tester looks exceptionally bad right now.  Tried to remove most of the body as it is not needed for this scene, not working out yet.  Looks so bad, just going to do a nude, till later.

post-8492-0-09157800-1443044528.png

The scene with sound is not done.  The MP4 encoder, H264 codec, is missing.  Got it from JCodec, and have translated most of it from Java to Typescript.  Not planning on publishing this part, but just optional.  Do not have Chrome on system.  Anyone have problem hearing this:  https://googledrive.com/host/0B6-s6ZjHyEwUV1kwMWhYYU1NY00/

For compatibility with all browsers using mp3 and ogg is good.

Format compatible for sound.

• Internet explorer: .mp3 and .wav
  • Google Chrome: .mp3 and  .ogg
  • Firefox: .ogg only
  • Safari : mp3 and   wav
  • Opera: wav and  ogg

If the browser can read ogg, ogg I play, otherwise if the browser plays the mp3, I play mp3

var audio = new Audio(), sound = null;if(audio.canPlayType("audio/ogg") != "") { // ogg	sound= "sounds.ogg";}else if(audio.canPlayType("audio/mpeg") != "") { // mp3	sound= "sounds.mp3";}var music = new BABYLON.Sound("Name", sound, scene, null, { loop: true, autoplay: true });