painting a reveal mask

jmp909

Hi,

I've set up this demo showing how to paint a mask using a sprite ... I'd be interested to know if there's a better solution.. specifically I have to update my alphaMask every time it changes

http://phaser.io/sandbox/dTgZMaFF/play

also i've just realised I'm alphamask'ing the bmd with itself.. that doesn't seem right (but works!)

function create() {    phaser = game.make.sprite(0, 0, 'phaser');    chaos = game.make.sprite(0, 0, 'chaos');    chaos.scale.set(2);        // make bitmap data size of stage    bmd = game.make.bitmapData(chaos.width, chaos.height);        // set our bitmapdata as the mask of our graphic    bmd.alphaMask(chaos,bmd)        // add our masked image to the stage    game.add.sprite(0,0,bmd)        // draw on mouse move    game.input.addMoveCallback(move, this);}function move(pointer, x, y) {    // draw our sprite to the bitmap    bmd.draw('phaser',x,y)    // update the mask    bmd.alphaMask(chaos,bmd)}

thanks

j

this seems better?

http://phaser.io/sandbox/JAsHPCMn/play

function create() {    phaser = game.make.sprite(0, 0, 'phaser');    phaser.anchor.set(0.5,0.5)        chaos = game.make.sprite(0, 0, 'chaos');        // stretch image to stage size    chaos.scale.set(game.width/chaos.width, game.height/chaos.height);        // make bitmap data size of graphic    bmd = game.make.bitmapData(chaos.width, chaos.height);        // add bitmapdata to stage    game.add.sprite(0,0,bmd)        // draw on mouse move    game.input.addMoveCallback(move, this);}function move(pointer, x, y) {        // move our brush    phaser.x=x    phaser.y=y        // draw our brush mask    bmd.alphaMask(chaos, phaser)        // this also works.. it's what alphaMask actually does    // see    //bmd.draw(phaser).blendSourceAtop().draw(chaos).blendReset();    }