Animation tool?

onetrickwolf

I am using jQuery to move PIxi.js sprites around in my game.  I would like to have more complicated movements but manually typing them in jQuery is a bit difficult.  Are there any tools out there that let you animate in a more traditional environment and export it to something you could insert in to a game?

I have looked at Spine and similar tools but they seem more like they're for creating animated sprites (which I already have).  I'm look more for something that could help me create an animated scene if that makes sense.

I don't want something that just exports a full animation either.  I want something that I can insert in to a game.

I guess I should clarify.  I am looking for something that can visualize something like Charm.  It can be a pain manually figuring out where I need everything to move.  Are there any tools out there where I can just create the animation in a visual environment like Flash then it exports code I can insert in to my game for me?

Editors usually get too complicated and they slow down your game and are hard to debug.  The one thing I've found useful so far is "Tiled".  It's not an animation editor, it's just for creating layers that are easy to animate and groups of objects that can be kept in relation to each other.  The other thing useful is to create a simple editor that you can move sprites around in a scene and it exports positions to the console or something.  If you go too far in the editor direction, it's like an engine that does everything.  It exports this mass of unreadable code.

Are there any tools out there where I can just create the animation in a visual environment like Flash then it exports code I can insert in to my game for me?

You can actually create your animation with Flash Professional, export it as a spritesheet, and import that spritesheet into Pixi.