Best Monster clothes ever

JCPalmer

If only this were just a texture.  http://www.reynantemartinez.com/separation-anxiety.html

There are also Tutorials & Articles on this site, so thought someone might benefit.  I know I need to use Blender better.

BTW, could you make a texture that was clear in spots, & when curved around a mesh, let you see all the way though?

I think that would be pretty easy to do with the alpha channel... just make the texture a png with transparency. Depending on how you did it, you might not be able to see the interior though because normally a face is only drawn from one direction, you'd probably need to make a mesh that has duplicate faces for the interior.

You could also attach flat squares and rectangles sticking out in places on the mesh... they'd look stupid when you're building it, but then when you texture it you can set them to be transparent all except for a few twigs sticking out here and there that you draw on.

This shows the idea - it's about trees but it's the same basic concept:

https://www.mapcore.org/topic/14751-tutorialmodeling-a-tree-crown-with-ease/

You put the transparent texture on the mesh, and then stick some "leaves" on like in that article so that you can have bits sticking out. You can also use normal maps to give the textures a bit of depth to add to the illusion.