Flipping sprite enemy sprite horizontally

Faktori

Hey guys, new on phaser, currently learning js at school, I'm getting started on my first game.

In a setup where there are multiple enemies following the player in a top-down view, I want the enemy to flip horizontally to face in direction of the player. I have a problem with this chunk of code : 

flip: function() {   // for each enemy   for (i=0; i<enemies.z; i++) {      // if the enemy is on the right of the character and if it's facing right (scale.x>0)      // flip enemy      if (enemies.getAt(i).body.position.x > player.body.position.x + 5 && enemies.getAt(i).scale.x > 0) {          enemies.getAt(i).scale.x *= -1;      }      // if the enemy is on the left of the character and if it's facing left (scale.x<0)      // flip enemy      if (enemies.getAt(i).body.position.x < player.body.position.x - 5 && enemies.getAt(i).scale.x < 0) {          enemies.getAt(i).scale.x *= -1;      }   }},

If the enemy is coming from the right, it will disappear when the flip should occur.

I've tested enemies.getAt(i).scale.x *= -1; in the console and it does work. the problem must be with the position check, but can't figure it out. Btw, I can't use scale.x = -1; since each enemy has it's own scale and it's used in other ways.

I've tested the same code with enemies.getAt(i).width *= -1;

same problem, works in console, not in action.

If you guys have any idea of why this doesn't work, I would be happy to know :)

OK I FOUND THE ISSUE !!!!

This is so stupid actually, since I use scale as a health counter. You reduce when you get hit and if you go under a certain scale, you die. So here, the scale value be comes negative and kills enemy.

I feel dumb now.

@Skeptron : well, I ended up finding the solution myself. Thanks for your time !!