Forgotten game ideas that would make great html5 games.

BdR

I'm sure we all have no shortage of new game ideas, but I've noticed that the biggest game titles are usually not that new or innovative. For example Candy Crush Saga is basically an enhanced version of a 15 year old game (Bejeweled), and even new Puzzle Bobble variants are made to this day.

So I was thinking what other old, possibly forgotten, game ideas would make great html5 games? Okay here's one example to hopefully get things started:

Luxor Amun Rising would make a pretty good html5 game, it's like Zuma except you don't rotate but just move left and right

I've always wanted to try and make a game like Airborne Ranger (Commodore 64) to work for mobile. It's a pretty simple shooter overall but offers full freedom of movement, unique mission targets, stealth, equipment drops, etc.

That and I miss Cinemaware style games like It Came From the Desert and Three Stooges. They were basically collections of mini-games wrapped in a "cinematic" story. Throw in a bit more depth and maybe persistent changes in those mini-games and you could have something cool.

My main inspiration for aspiring to learn to create games is that I want to recreate a childhood favorite of mine: Monster Rancher. Of course, my version would be 2D. Ultimately, the game should be exceedingly easy to make and I'd love to play something like it again. (My opinion may change after slaving over Sublime Text for months.)

psx-792-41312381490.jpg

Balbodro is also a good one, it's a game by same company as Candy Crush Saga. Flash game -> http://www.oyunlar1.com/online.php?flash=6146

It's a very simple zen-like game; balls float around, you tap on a ball and it will fall and break any same colored blocks. The object of the game is to remove all blocks before you run out of balls.