Internet Explorer 10 Bug?

Beta_Ravener

I'm getting error in InteractionManager when trying to run an app using Pixi.js. It occurs only in IE 10 and possibly older. It occurs when an element is set to interactive mode and I move a mouse. Could this be confirmed (I'm have little spare time now so can't produce minimum example) and if so looked into? Thanks.

post-16601-0-73610600-1450458926.png

Technically in 4 weeks time no one should be using IE10*. Vista users can continue running IE9 (that being the highest version available), and XP users will continue running whatever the hell they want (but not running any Internet Explorer version greater than 8 which has been without security updates for some time now and possibly will be a target for malware).

Supporting old versions of IE might be important to you, but why test IE10 but not the already slightly more used IE9?

*EDIT: OK, forgot about Win Server 2012, but who uses that to browse the web

IE has always had problems with doing anything with off screen elements.

As chg said, IE10 shouldnt really be an issue, there is no good reason not to update to IE11, as almost all users have done. IE9 is still a bit of an issue however, not sure if this is replicable on 9, probably will be but who knows with IE? 9 will die off soon enough as well (if it hasnt already for most people) and then desktop web development will become a whole heap easier.

OK so there is no other solution then to update to IE 11 (which doesn't suffer from this)? I get it there's no good reason to use the older ones (for Vista users there is also Chrome and Firefox which run the script fine), I'm just curious if this could be fixed in some way.

@chg I didn't test the IE9 as I believe it will produce the error as IE10 and I don't really have system with IE9.

OK so there is no other solution then to update to IE 11 (which doesn't suffer from this)?

The issue ticket Xerver posted would suggest IE11 may also be affected. I don't get the remark about there being no solution though... have you tried patching in any of the solutions detailed, what effect did they have?

I get it there's no good reason to use the older ones (for Vista users there is also Chrome and Firefox which run the script fine), I'm just curious if this could be fixed in some way.

@chg I didn't test the IE9 as I believe it will produce the error as IE10 and I don't really have system with IE9.

I was saying that specifically there's no good reason to use IE10 anymore (except for on Win Server 2012), and with MS ceasing security updates shortly one hopes we'll see even less people using it than small percentage of today.

I was making a concession for IE9 and Vista users, as far as I can tell Microsoft will still be releasing IE9 security updates for Vista users - so sure they can also run other browsers, but perhaps they shouldn't yet be forced to.