need help with mask follow the mouse.

catafest

I want to move the mask with mouse and I think I make something wrong.

But seam the problem come when I put animate() function ... the javascript code not be for me very clean , but I'm new with pixijs.

This is the default project http://free-tutorials.org/download/pixi_001_tutorial.html

This is the next step with animate function:

<!DOCTYPE html><html><title>Page Title</title><script type="text/javascript" src="pixi.js"></script></script><body style="background:black"><h3 style="color:white" >Demo with PIXI and mask png file type image !</h3><p style="color:white">Moving mask:</p><script type="text/javascript">var renderer = new PIXI.WebGLRenderer(480, 385);document.body.appendChild(renderer.view);var stage = new PIXI.Container();PIXI.loader.add([    'bur_effect.jpg',    'datini.jpg',    'mask.png']).load(function() {    var ground = new PIXI.Sprite(PIXI.utils.TextureCache['bur_effect.jpg']);    var light = new PIXI.Sprite(PIXI.utils.TextureCache['datini.jpg']);    var mask = new PIXI.Sprite(PIXI.utils.TextureCache['mask.png']);    stage.addChild(ground);    light.blendMode = PIXI.BLEND_MODES.ADD;    light.mask = mask;    stage.addChild(light);    renderer.render(stage);};animate();function animate() {    count += 0.1;    mask.clear();    mask.moveTo(-120 + Math.sin(count) * 20, -100 + Math.cos(count)* 20);    light.mask = mask;    renderer.render(stage);    requestAnimationFrame(animate);});</script></body></html>

1) see all ... in the bottom is a link : http://free-tutorials.org/download/pixi_001_tutorial.html

2) it's a load and add functions , I think is need to rewrite the code with animate and mouse movement function , but I don't know how.

1) Cant download its resources :( Do I have to register/login?

2) new PIXI.Sprite(PIXI.utils.TextureCache['mask.png']) is same as Sprite.fromImage('mask.png') just for your knowledge

1) see all ... in the bottom is a link : http://free-tutorials.org/download/pixi_001_tutorial.html

2) it's a load and add functions , I think is need to rewrite the code with animate and mouse movement function , but I don't know how.

I didnt register yet BUT i can point you in right directions, there are two ways:

1) DIRECT WAY: renderer.plugins.interaction.mouse.global is the mouse position, and you can follow it in animate(). 

2) stage.on('mousemove', function(data) { ... } )  will register a listener in which you can move mask position

In any case, if you want to study pixi or make something with it , i recommend to clone https://github.com/pixijs/pixi.js/ and browse the code. We're working on new examples and docs but some answers can be obtained only by looking inside, there's nothing nightmarish in that code.

Don't do this:

PIXI.loader.add([    'bur_effect.jpg',    'datini.jpg',    'mask.png']).load(function() {    var ground = new PIXI.Sprite(PIXI.utils.TextureCache['bur_effect.jpg']);    var light = new PIXI.Sprite(PIXI.utils.TextureCache['datini.jpg']);    var mask = new PIXI.Sprite(PIXI.utils.TextureCache['mask.png']);

Instead use the resources argument:

PIXI.loader.add([    'bur_effect.jpg',    'datini.jpg',    'mask.png']).load(function(loader, resources) {    var ground = new PIXI.Sprite(resources['bur_effect.jpg'].texture);    var light = new PIXI.Sprite(resources['datini.jpg'].texture);    var mask = new PIXI.Sprite(resources['mask.png'].texture);

TextureCache is a private, internal object that will go away eventually. You can also access the loaded resources at any time via PIXI.loader.resources.