New HTML5 RTS game ageofsalvation.

rech

5 hours ago, WombatTurkey said:

http://ageofsalvation.com/js/game.min.60cb289d.cache.js

"my engine".

Lol.  I don't think you realize what you have created man, I really hope this goes big.  Holy, holy cow. Also, over 50k Lines of code in your custom engine, and that's just that file. You are a code warrior... Congrats man...

Edit: Also, Binary Websockets? :wub::wub:

Thank you man :-)

You really made my day:-)

About the "goes big", I currently find the marketing part much harder then anticipated, I really need to find better way to grow the user base.

P.S Maybe I should remove the "my engine" text and write ageosalvation for the top comment, lol. The initial goal was to build game engine and then release multiple games based on it.

@rechWhile this is really amazing work, might I know how many years have you been programming?

I believe you have 10+ years of experience as far as I can tell.

When you say your own engine, did you use any javascript framework or your own framework?

By the way, this is the best HTML5 game I have seen so far in these forums. It literally blows everything away.

Marketing should be a PIECE OF CAKE as long as you can give great value to gamers.

Please don't tell me you did not market your game since day one of your development and just realized you have to market it!!! 

4 hours ago, rech said:

Thank you man :-)

You really made my day:-)

About the "goes big", I currently find the marketing part much harder then anticipated, I really need to find better way to grow the user base.

P.S Maybe I should remove the "my engine" text and write ageosalvation for the top comment, lol. The initial goal was to build game engine and then release multiple games based on it.

Yeah, marketing is a pita.  This is a type of game that I think would grow by word of mouth too, and there are way better marketing people here which might be able to help. The playback feature you have with the battle log is something triple A games have... really, this game is something else and deserves way more publicity! I don't really know what else to say, but just keep persevering I think it will get bigger. Also, I think social networking will help you don't  have a facebook page atm? 

6 hours ago, GSquadron said:

@rechWhile this is really amazing work, might I know how many years have you been programming?

I believe you have 10+ years of experience as far as I can tell.

When you say your own engine, did you use any javascript framework or your own framework?

By the way, this is the best HTML5 game I have seen so far in these forums. It literally blows everything away.

Marketing should be a PIECE OF CAKE as long as you can give great value to gamers.

Please don't tell me you did not market your game since day one of your development and just realized you have to market it!!! 

Thank you.

Well, I just started to market it :( I might need to read a book in marketing.

I started to program 8 years ago in php, and started to program in javascript 4 years ago. (I also programmed in many other languages in the last 8 years) I am 26 years old.

About frameworks I used jquery (which is kind of redundant here), some of hammer js but I had to make a lot of modifications to it to support 3 sound, Doppler effect, remove the cropping of sound, using categories for sounds and add limiters to different types of sounds and then combine them all. 

in some parts of the UI I also have Iscroll, but other scrolls I made myself.

Well I don't have 10 years of experience but I learn pretty fast, and read a lot of amazon books :-)

If anyone is searching for a good javascript book I recommend John Resig's book "Javascript ninja" it can take you to a pro in few days. 

4 hours ago, WombatTurkey said:

Yeah, marketing is a pita.  This is a type of game that I think would grow by word of mouth too, and there are way better marketing people here which might be able to help. The playback feature you have with the battle log is something triple A games have... really, this game is something else and deserves way more publicity! I don't really know what else to say, but just keep persevering I think it will get bigger. Also, I think social networking will help you don't  have a facebook page atm? 

I do have facebook page, and facebook app :-)

https://www.facebook.com/Age-of-Salvation-1616693048548060/?fref=ts&ref=br_tf

Oh well, did not know you had 4 years of js. Thought it was your first game on js.

Anyway, that is very bad news then as for the marketing part, but not all is lost.

You should start writing on blogs, showcasing it in as many forums as possible and building the audience bit by bit.

Post on social media every day, maybe twice a day if possible.

If you say marketing is hard and built that engine, you should start thinking in the reverse.

By the way, I myself started php 5 years ago and js 1.5 years ago and it is not that hard once you get used to it. :)