Fastest javascript framework

dewhee

Hi everyone!

I have to build a 2D game with tons of animated objects inside it and a continuous background music. The problem is that I will need to use it inside a mobile application (I will use CrossWalk Project) so the performance are reaaaally important for me! 

My first choice was the famous.org project, but it seems they shut down the development. I already built a prototype in svg using snapsvg, but It's a bit laggy. I've seen that pixi.js claims itself as the fastest game engine, but I'm not so sure about that.

In your opinion, what is the best/fastest javascript framework? Which one would you suggest?

Thank you so much,

Simone

• 1 month later...

I've done a lot of research on this and for porting to mobile your best bet is CocoonJS. Canvas+ from CocoonJS is the fastest. It is optimized to load and handle images and sound efficiently. It is canvas only though. Checkout Ludo's Quest to get a feel.

As for a framework, Phaser, Pixi or any other framework will do. Its a question of preference. I ended up building my own (Backbone Game Engine) in order to have full control.

Best of luck,

--Martin