[Removed]

WombatTurkey

This is more of a rant, but I was looking for jsfiddle alternatives that don't require https for url's. I found liveweave (http://liveweave.com/). And loved it because it updated when any keydown was pressed and let me load in all my game assets flawlessly. Had no issues.

Well anyway, I was working on my skill tree utilizing the DOM [and old s/s of it here] for days and was 'saving it' periodically. I would go to my dashboard and double check to make sure it's being saved, and it was.

Well, I took a break from working on the tree for a little bit and so I saved my weaved one last time.  I remember doing this extensively and making sure it was updated too (refreshed to check). Now, several days later, guess what? My weave data is gone, none of the newly HTML and JS code I added was there.

I should of saved my code but I trusted their system because it was working so good.  Yea, I'd say it's partially my fault for not having a backup, but honestly, that's just unacceptable to notify the user that their data was saved, then to check it again several days later and it's not. Very sad. 

/end rant. -- 

Edit: Updated, see final post

6 hours ago, WombatTurkey said:

I should of saved my code but I trusted their system because it was working so good.  Yea, I'd say it's partially my fault for not having a backup, but honestly, that's just unacceptable to notify the user that their data was saved, then to check it again several days later and it's not. Very sad.

First of all, never ever trust a third party system to 100%! always do a backup and even if it would be your own system, just do another backup, just in case.

Other then that, just try to contact them about the issue and ask if they have some backup for you :) normally such systems run a backup every now and then, maybe they updated their system and this issue happen afterwards. just try and cross fingers that you get your hard work back.

wish you the best dude!

36 minutes ago, Daikrys said:

First of all, never ever trust a third party system to 100%! always do a backup and even if it would be your own system, just do another backup, just in case.

Other then that, just try to contact them about the issue and ask if they have some backup for you :) normally such systems run a backup every now and then, maybe they updated their system and this issue happen afterwards. just try and cross fingers that you get your hard work back.

wish you the best dude!

Thank you. I sent them an email...

69995d432a47b9f603d3b8ed4fd2bc01.png

They sent me a list of all the saved weaves, so I guess a moderator can remove this topic if they want or close it! (I changed the title).  I guess maybe I was not logged in when I was saving my weaves and that's why they never showed up in my account? Weird. I guess it's my fault, so I apologized to them. I'm happy I got my code back then though :) and their support is pretty nice dealing with me. 

2 hours ago, WombatTurkey said:

Well, I was loading files off my local server and I didn't want to go through the hassle of setting up https. I still don't have https here, I ragequit when having to deal with the certificates with nginx, ssl keys, etc.

You might be able to configure the browser to not care about that.  For example in Chrome, the following switches may help;

chrome.exe --allow-running-insecure-content --disable-web-security