Super Rawr Type-Redux

DaveVoyles

Click here to play Super Rawr-Type Redux now!

Super Rawr-Type Redux is my second game made with Impact.js. It took me a total of 90 days to make.

The code is open source, and can be found here.

Visit my blog to see my brief post mortem, as well as other JavaScript projects I've worked on! 

It may take a bit to load, as it's being served from my public Dropbox folder until I can get my Azure site up. Any and all comments and criticism are appreciated. Thanks for checking it out! 

I’ve spent the last 3 months working on the follow up to my previous game, Super Rawr-Type. It was a simple side scrolling 2D shmup, which I wrote in JavaScript and also ported to Windows 8. One bug prevents me from getting it into the store, and I’m not able to replicate it, so who knows if it will ever be released there.

Super Rawr-Type Redux is finally finished, or at least to the point where I’m satisfied with it. It’s a single stage, vertical slice of something I’d like to potentially continue on in the future, but I have other things I’d like to pursue at the moment, such as a C++ / DirectX11 game, which I’ll begin working on with 3 friends starting November 1st.

You can play the game from here. There are a few occasional bugs that I’m aware of, and others which I can’t reproduce, but I’m leaving this project “as-is” to begin work on other things.  The loading time is horrendous (thanks DropBox), but until I find an alternative or faster hosting solution, it is what it is. It works in all major browsers, and although it works on several mobile browsers (Safari, for example), I haven’t implemented touch controls, so you won’t be able to move anywhere.