Touch panning in ArcRotateCamera

sep181

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to add a new gesture to ArcRotateCamera. I need the camera to pan with a two finger gesture. When you moves the fingers around the screen, the camera pans with them. I have some approaches to a solution, one of them is to overwrite the ontouchmove event associated to the canvas losing the default touch events in the process I think. The other solution is to overwrite the ._onGesture or the ._onGestureStart camera methods, but I think it's the same.

It would be nice to have the ability to extend the ArcRotateCamera behaviour adding more functionality (or at least the same Desktop functionality).

Thanks in advance.

About extending -

Making each camera type "extendable" will be relatively hard. There is already an extendable camera - which is the Camera Class. you can do with it anything you want, even live in your code. The ArcRotate is a specific type of camera. You can of course extend the ArcRotate.

this seems to me like a (relatively) minor change in the onPointerMove event already registered. The source is there - create your own camera