Physic new system

Dad72

Hello,

I feel that there is a problem with the restitution and friction. when its values are 0, an object should not bounce or slide, but that produce excessive ways. 

For example if I add a house to the ground, then a character over the fact character fly in areas housing and the character with it go very high in the universe, then falls and found under the ground Upside down.

Another thing, collisions with the physic does not allow a character to go into a home.

I create a video capture to show the problem: (I have the .mp4 format if you can not read the .ogv. But with google chrome, ogv is live)

http://www.babylon.actifgames.com/bug_physic.ogv

And the code of the physic:

ground:

ground.setPhysicsState(BABYLON.PhysicsEngine.HeightmapImpostor, { mass: 0, friction: 0, restitution: 0 });

House:

house.setPhysicsState(BABYLON.PhysicsEngine.BoxImpostor, { mass: 1, friction: 0, restitution: 0 });

Character:

character.setPhysicsState(BABYLON.PhysicsEngine.BoxImpostor, { mass: 0.3, friction: 0, restitution: 0 });

Hi Raanan,

The houses rebounded still, but there are still some bugs that I find it hard to explain. I remade a video to see the bug after the creation of the character and towards the end of the video.

Perhaps it be because I am trying to create the character of the interior houses ?? In this case, how to create an object inside a house?

http://www.babylon.actifgames.com/bug_physic.ogv

Thank you Raanan.

@RaananW The house seems more bounce and land no longer disappears. But I still have the problem of friction and restitution. If an object with friction 0 and restitution 0 collides with another object friction 0 and  restitution 0 the two will each object on the opposite sliding eject or are very high in the sky and landed under the ground (which also has an impostor with friction 0 and restitution 0).

See the above video.

I had a playground that will reproduce the bug. You can see abnormal behavior of the two spheres on the ground.

http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#2DJG5T#0

I had a playground that will reproduce the bug. You can see abnormal behavior of the two spheres.

What I want to do is just put the mass of the objects. no friction, no trips. if an object is build on another he slips next without rebound.

By cons how to create inside of an object? add a kind of furniture inside a house with the physic system? it does not seem possible. maybe it's also a bug

You can't create an object inside an object. Once an impostor was set, other objects can't penetrate it. To put an object inside an impostor you will need to use the Mesh impostor with double-sided meshes.

In order to allow the person to go inside you will need to either create impostors for each wall of the house (the walls, the ground, the stairs, everything), use the mesh impostor, or use babylon's collision ssystem, which will probably be the right choice in this case.