Shadows on Ground Caster is Underground

Wingnut

Thanks Jerome, that got me on the right track.

I was examining the shadow docs. :o  Under 'filters' section, it says shadowGenerator.useVarianceShadowMap = true; is the default.

But http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#QOUJT#2 might be proving that incorrect.

https://github.com/BabylonJS/Babylon.js/blob/master/src/Lights/Shadows/babylon.shadowGenerator.js#L7

Work, work, work.  :)  I just happened across it.  I'm not near ready to work on the shadows tutorial yet. 

I think I need to go all the way back to basic elements, first, and fix the cylinder line...

The height subdivs parameter (shown set to 1) is optional too.

I'm thinking about removing the term 'tessellation' from everywhere, too.  For a cylinder... 'lateral subdivs' and 'vertical subdivs'... but... not sure.  This reminds me of the parameter naming conventions topic we once talked-over and where things never got ironed-out.  Sigh.  Thoughts, anyone?  Should I re-activate the Tutorial Talk thread again, so it can get ignored once more?  Sigh.

But, before I do all that, I guess I need to build a single md file md-to-html docs builder jig... so I can view the html version (at home) of the .md files I edit... before I submit and PR.  Otherwise, the HTML version of the .md's I edit... might turn out crappy, time after time, and that would cause a lot of work for the docs curators.

Hey Gryff, are you starting to see why I am in a less-than-optimal mood?  ;)  I got a workflow that's akin to rolling a concrete block down the street.

Thanks again, J.

Thx.  *nod*  I was more curious about the differences between our convert-to-html, and the one Jerome is speaking-of, which I haven't investigated much at all yet.

Naturally, I would like the HTML result at that the stackedit site... to look exactly like the HTML of my md... after our/your build.

But, I think I would need to "install" the CSS from our docs site... into that stackedit device somehow.... to see true results.  No wait, that won't work, cuz the css selectors (id="blah"/class="blah") won't be available in the stackedit version of the html.  crap.  I need build'n'boogie.  Drop an md in one end, and a browser-display AS IF it were installed at the BD site... comes out the other end.  A quick 1-file build, and no need to launch a localhost webserver.  That would be sweet.

Then again, the localhost webserver is simple... no biggie.

-----------

Aside: Just curious, T.  I dropped that messenger thread.  But, you should check the amount of time...  from when you farted at me there, til I had an answer/playground... posted for DJousto.  I bet it was under 3 minutes.  I bet it took you longer than 3 minutes to fire your fart, no?  :D

Aside : It was during a forum crawl I do several times a day, whenever I have the time. If I know the answer to the question, I answer right away. If I don't have time but know I can answer with a little work, I bookmark it and answer whenever I have more time. And yes, I check and answer my private message before forum posts. 

I think you realize that I was playing a "head game" with Amar, though, right?  Trying to get him to re-evaluate his priorities and see if he feels ok about what he finds there.  :)

As they say somewhere... "Why glitter-up the pig... when it still has stomach worms?" 

errr...

"Don't bother throwing parades if your street is full of potholes."

errr...

Why build demos... when the forum is question-laden, which inidcates that our docs and/or framework ease-of-use... sucks could be better?

oh yeah, them.  :)  How do I mark this thing as answered/solved.  Why can't I find the button?  Anyone?

yuh yuh yuh, the bjs website hasn't gotten QUITE heavy enough with demos... to snap the browser springs, yet.  Let's load her up some more!  :)