Are groups fixed to camera?

hackenstein

I'm currently trying to switch to phaser 1.1.2 from 1.0.6a, but I have run into a problem: We use groups to layer the sprites, but now all sprites in groups behave as if they were fixed to the camera. I couldn't find out why this happens, nor if this is how it is supposed to be. But I really need a way to circumvent this behaviour, without loosing the groups :wacko:

This behaviour can be easily reproduced in the starstruck example by adding a sprite within a group. Now if you move the camera by walking to the right of the screen, the sprite in the group will stay on screen fixed to the camera.

Here is what I added to the starstruck example create function:

function create() {    game.stage.backgroundColor = '#000000';    bg = game.add.tileSprite(0, 0, 800, 600, 'background');    bg.fixedToCamera = true;    map = game.add.tilemap('level1');    tileset = game.add.tileset('tiles');    tileset.setCollisionRange(0, tileset.total - 1, true, true, true, true);    tileset.setCollisionRange(12, 16, false, false, false, false);    tileset.setCollisionRange(46, 50, false, false, false, false);    layer = game.add.tilemapLayer(0, 0, 800, 600, tileset, map, 0);    layer.resizeWorld();    // ADDING SPRITE IN GROUP    group = game.add.group(null, 'test');    dude2 = game.add.sprite(32, 32, 'dude');    group.add(dude2);	    player = game.add.sprite(32, 32, 'dude');       player.body.bounce.y = 0.2;    player.body.collideWorldBounds = true;    player.body.gravity.y = 6;    player.body.setSize(16, 32, 8, 16);    player.animations.add('left', [0, 1, 2, 3], 10, true);    player.animations.add('turn', [4], 20, true);    player.animations.add('right', [5, 6, 7, 8], 10, true);    game.camera.follow(player);    cursors = game.input.keyboard.createCursorKeys();    jumpButton = game.input.keyboard.addKey(Phaser.Keyboard.SPACEBAR);}

Sprites in Groups are not fixed to the camera.

What has happened is that you created a Group with "null" as the parent. This basically creates it ABOVE the World layer. You use that for like game UI or something fixed. If you need to add a Group within the world then instead of null give it 'game.world' as the parent. Or don't specify any parameters at all, that will do the same thing.

I guess what I could do is extend the Group check, so if parent is undefined OR null, it reverts to using the world as the parent.

Ahh ok, thanks!

Now I just have to find a way to draw the tilemap in the background, because tilemaps & tilelayers can't be in groups anymore. We have placed everything else in groups, that are created at the beginning, so the layering stays consistent through map change etc.

EDIT: Turns out you can add tilemap layers to groups! :D