bGUI, text input, and GUI slider

dbawel

Hi,

I haven't yet had sucess in reading the text field value from a text_input  widget and set the string value as a variable I can send to other functions. Can you provide an example of getting the value of a text_input widget assigned as a variable? Also, I need to make sure that pressing the Enter key on my keyboard doesn't execute a return - even when my mouse curser is hovering over the field, as I need to get the text_input values from several widgets using a GUI button click. So if you have time, I would be eternally grateful if you might either provide a code example for setting the widget properly without a return on Enter, and to get the string value from an image button to make certain I'm creating the text_input correctly? Or if you have a link to any updated demo or page with this widget included, perhaps the demo will show me what I'm doing incorrectly. I searched GitHub, but haven't seen an updated demo in a few months, and couldn't locate any reference to a text_input in the "src" or any other directory/file.

I also require a slider control for a video player I have. I suppose I could pick an image button and drag, but there's so much else to build into this as well. Have you built a slider control in bGUI?

Thank you,

DB

Hi DB, sorry to butt-in but I didn't see any mention of input, either.  bGUI looks like it is a framework that can be added-to, though.  It could easily become the target of a widget-making contest.  :)

I had a little fun with it, because... well, I've never really driven it.  I borrowed Temechon's bGUI demo, and fiddled with it a bit... pretty fun.  http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#1KKOZA#5

But yep, bGUI could use some more toys/power... if that is possible, and it is.  Wouldn't it be cool if we designed a universal 2D widget interface, so these widgets could be used in bGUI, castorGUI, Dialog, and maybe even in Nockawa's new 2D super-engine?  4-way interchangeability.  Yum! 

Ok, sorry to interrupt for no good reason.  I gave some fleeting thought to coding-up bGUI.input v1.0... but the dog started whining, so I'm not so sure about that idea.  :D  I think it might take a focus system to accomplish both the input and the slider.

I'm currently usng bGUI and CastorGUI in the same interface, so there are few incompatabilites, except canvas positions for odd display resolutions such as smart phones. I can also build objects such as a slider in bGUI, except I'm looking at the benefits of using Widgets over JSON objects, which appears to be the primary difference between the two extensions.

DB