Scene is completely dark after importing house.babylon from 3ds max

andyram

Guys the scene is totally dark after i imported house.babylon file from 3ds max(the 3dsmax model dosen't have camera in it).  It loads the model without any error, but nothing is visible on screen and its draker. I have made sure the hemispheric lights are available.

Please let me know where i went wrong.

dark.txt

Thanks for the reply Gryff. Previously i tried using a camera inside the model. but it was very very slow while moving around, it had around 6 million vertices  and fps was not impressive. The model i used was a 1 floored house with basic interiors. No idea why it was that laggy. Any views on this ?

1 hour ago, andyram said:

Thanks for the reply Gryff. Previously i tried using a camera inside the model. but it was very very slow while moving around, it had around 6 million vertices  and fps was not impressive. The model i used was a 1 floored house with basic interiors. No idea why it was that laggy. Any views on this ?

It can be many things, but 6 million vertices is quite a lot, particularly if the mesh is broken into lots of parts which results in a lot of draw calls.  Have a good look at the topology of the mesh and make sure it's as optimal as it can be and use the simplification tools to get the vertex count is as low as you can get away with without making it look stupid. Next, try to split it in an optimal way... if you have lots of little meshes inside the house for furniture and things, try joining them together to reduced mesh count where possible. For larger models like houses you can also split areas that can't be seen at the same time into multiple meshes so the bits that can't be seen can be culled away.

it had around 6 million vertices  and fps was not impressive. The model i used was a 1 floored house with basic interiors

6 million verts is a lot. Take a look at this scene which has been around for at least a couple of years:

Flat 2009 by Michel Rousseau. A one floor apartment with lots of furniture items. It has 247 meshes with ~280,000 verts. I get a frame rate of 30-40fps on my Intel I5 (first generation) desktop.

Your model has ~20x the number of vertices - a really serious difference:o

I would start by seriously assessing your scene and its meshes. What items are contributing to this vertex count? Is that vertex count necessary? Are there vertices that are hidden - never seen? Can you get the vertex count down to the levels that Michel has in his scene?

cheers, gryff :)