Phaser 2.4.9 RC2 - Please help test it!

rich

Hi all,

On Friday I released Phaser 2.4.9 RC2.

As always you can grab pre-built files from the GitHub dev branch. I've also published new doc files there, and new TypeScript defs too.

There are some fundamental changes in this build with regard to how the Stage game loop, and camera following works. So I'd be really pleased if we could get this tested in as many games as possible prior to release.

There's also the brand new Phaser Weapons Plugin built into this version. You'll find this covered in the doc files, and also if you look at the Phaser Examples GitHub repo, you'll see I added a bunch of examples there showing how it works (with more to come next week too). It's also easy to exclude via a custom build flag.

Please, please do test this! Hopefully we can go to final release next week.

Cheers,

Rich

Adding to my current test game now, I will let you know how it works out for me. I plan on uploading the project to a server for easy sharing of bugs. Is there any specifics things you want to be tested, aside from the camera and new bullet plugin?

On 04/06/2016 at 2:31 PM, LTNGames said:

I inserted the new Phaser Dev RC2 and right away my tilemap collision stopped working, debugging shows the green boxes around everything that should collide but no collision is working. I'm using arcade physics.

Can you try again with the latest dev phaser? https://github.com/photonstorm/phaser/blob/dev/build/phaser.min.js - This fix might have resolved it. https://github.com/photonstorm/phaser/pull/2522

11 minutes ago, Upperfoot said:

Can you try again with the latest dev phaser? https://github.com/photonstorm/phaser/blob/dev/build/phaser.min.js - This fix might have resolved it. https://github.com/photonstorm/phaser/pull/2522

I have downloaded the latest dev version, still says RC2 but it also says it was updated 3 days ago. Anyway I tried it out and I still get the collision problem, I also forgot to mention this last time but whenever scrolling occurs I get this line going straight up and down depending on the direction I'm moving, it's like it's not rendering the tiles fast enough when the camera is scrolling. See picture below for the scroll issue as well as the collision, poor cat is all confused because he can't jump on any platform. Anyway I'll be sticking with 2.4.7 for now, but I'll keep trying out the dev versions for you.

Tilemap issues.png

7 minutes ago, LTNGames said:

I have downloaded the latest dev version, still says RC2 but it also says it was updated 3 days ago. Anyway I tried it out and I still get the collision problem, I also forgot to mention this last time but whenever scrolling occurs I get this line going straight up and down depending on the direction I'm moving, it's like it's not rendering the tiles fast enough when the camera is scrolling. See picture below for the scroll issue as well as the collision, poor cat is all confused because he can't jump on any platform. Anyway I'll be sticking with 2.4.7 for now, but I'll keep trying out the dev versions for you.

Tilemap issues.png

I'll have a look as it might be my code that has broken it, I think it might be a typo!

Cheers :)

Edited by Upperfoot
Didn't submit my notes??

26 minutes ago, LTNGames said:

Tilemap issues.png

Could you incorporate the changes in this commit to see if that has fixed it?

https://github.com/Upperfoot/phaser/commit/7a1667fa7e8074ee0b830f7ab371a640fd8165bb

Thanks!

15 minutes ago, LTNGames said:

I changed that line to your new one and collision still does not work and I don't believe it was your code that gives me the weird line when scrolling as it occurs in 2.4.8 and up.

Is the tilemap scrolling at all? just trying to pin down exactly why your collision doesn't work.

Cheers

Yes, it does scroll properly, everything works the same as 2.4.7 except for collision and that wierd line that shows up when scrolling. That line does not show up when I'm in a section of the map that does not scroll. If you want in about an hour I can upload the project for you to see it in action.

• rich unpinned this topic