This forum will be closing down. Please move to the respective dedicated project forums.

SCALING PHASER GAME TO DIFFERENT MOBILE DEVICES

craidencool

Hey guys can you help me? How do you scale a phaser game through different android or ios devices. I tried the scale manage and used only the one game size which is 720x1024 and it has a part that is not included and I read that using the device aspect ratio could help this be done but I dont know how to implement this.. I am still new so hope you can have the time to help me thank you! 

var configuration = {
'canvas_width_max' : 2048,					
'canvas_width' : 1000,						
'canvas_height_max' : 2048,				
'canvas_height' : 650,						
'scale_ratio' : 1,							
'aspect_ratio' : 1,							
};

configuration.canvas_width = window.screen.availWidth * window.devicePixelRatio;
configuration.canvas_height = window.screen.availHeight * window.devicePixelRatio;
configuration.aspect_ratio = configuration.canvas_width / configuration.canvas_height;
if (configuration.aspect_ratio < 1) configuration.scale_ratio = configuration.canvas_height / configuration.canvas_height_max;
else configuration.scale_ratio = configuration.canvas_width / configuration.canvas_width_max;

game = new Phaser.Game(configuration.canvas_width, configuration.canvas_height, options.render, 'gamewindow');

this.game.scale.fullScreenScaleMode = Phaser.ScaleManager.SHOW_ALL;
this.game.scale.scaleMode = Phaser.ScaleManager.SHOW_ALL;
this.game.scale.refresh();

sprite.scale.set(configuration.scale_ratio);

13 hours ago, VitaZheltyakov said:

var configuration = {
};

configuration.canvas_width = window.screen.availWidth * window.devicePixelRatio;
configuration.canvas_height = window.screen.availHeight * window.devicePixelRatio;
configuration.aspect_ratio = configuration.canvas_width / configuration.canvas_height;
if (configuration.aspect_ratio < 1) configuration.scale_ratio = configuration.canvas_height / configuration.canvas_height_max;
else configuration.scale_ratio = configuration.canvas_width / configuration.canvas_width_max;

game = new Phaser.Game(configuration.canvas_width, configuration.canvas_height, options.render, 'gamewindow');

Sir Im using tiled maps,  will this affect the output of your code? It is sort of running horizontally. thank you!

• 8 months later...
On 6/25/2016 at 5:31 AM, VitaZheltyakov said:

var configuration = {
};

I work out the scale on my phones and Mac based on this. Thank you so much.