Frustum plane undefined

Vousk-prod.

Hi everybody,

When I use 2.5 beta, on some projects I get a frustumPlanes[p] is undefined  error, in this method :

The problem doesn't occur in 2.4 final. I think it first occured from commit 3afb8d05108e032c285136a216bf98cb718419da "Added camera.isInFrustum and camera.isCompletelyInFrustum"

BoundingBox.IsCompletelyInFrustum = function (boundingVectors, frustumPlanes) {
  for (var p = 0; p < 6; p++) {
    for (var i = 0; i < 8; i++) {
      if (frustumPlanes[p].dotCoordinate(boundingVectors[i]) < 0) {
        return false;
      }
    }
  }
  return true;
};

For now I didn't manage to figure out what the difference is between projects where this error occur and those where there is no problem.

I was trying to use camera.isInFrustum today and found it was culling things which were actually still on the screen... not sure if that's related. I gave up using it for now without too much investigation.

Nope, I cannot be able to reproduce it, it really occurs only on some projects. I noticed something else, maybe it's related, when we define an "empty mesh", eg. a mesh with no vertex at all, but declared as a mesh and not a abstract one (because it is produced from the blender exporter and not by hand), the iscompletlyInFrustum functions act strangely, as if the bounding box has a default size unrelated to the zero size of the mesh.

• 1 month later...

The frustumPlanes[p] is undefined  error was simply related to a major change between 2.4 and 2.5 function signatures :

AbstractMesh.prototype.isCompletelyInFrustum = function (frustumPlanes) for 2.5
AbstractMesh.prototype.isCompletelyInFrustum = function (camera) for 2.4

But Dal is right, camera.isInFrustum is culling things which are actually still on the screen, and same with abstractMesh.isInFrustum (but differently
Maybe the camera's frustumPlanes are not correctly updated or something like that.