Browser's viewport to like (interaktive) texture???

ian

I wonder whether it is possible to translate browser viewport on Plane in 3D world. Like video texture on plane. 
And If this 3D plane can be interactive like browser is ???

Just ask how it is with this.
Could be that possible to do?

Could we have more browsers planes in 3d world which will be interactive?

greetings

Hi again @ian!  Yeah, that would be sweet, eh?  A plane that is a real browser, or a real ANY app.  Maybe someday, huh?

How about a nice panel of off-site links, until then?  http://babylonjs-playground.com/#1BKDEO#34

:)

Ian, are you driving a recent version of Windows?  If so, maybe try holding the Windows button and then repeat press TAB.   (Best if you have many tasks on your task bar.)  Windows does 3D with 2D, right there.  It looks SO cool.  You cannot actually focus-on or use the software on those planes, yet.  You can CHOOSE which app... via 3D though, and maybe that's what we all REALLY want.  ??  Most computer apps are written for 2D, and 2D IS, and always WILL BE.... the best way to work with them.  Easier on the eyes.

I think Firefox still uses XUL and maybe IE uses XAML for its GUI widgets.  When the GUI is in XML like that, there is a CHANCE to "convert" it to scene graph webGL widgets.  REAL TIME conversion?  Maybe, someday.

Maybe think about this.  Making a BJS scene... have the abilities to "browse".  It can go looking at URL's... and when it receives a bucket of HTML from a website, it converts it to 3D objects... in any way it can... and with a "try the conversion a different way" button that we can click over and over.  Might be fun.  It will be a FUN FUN FUN algorithm that tries to do those conversions from webpage to BJS scene.

I promise you, the conversion will be messy and out of control... failing quite easily and repeatedly.  :)  Still fun idea.  :)

I'am using Debian (mostly) Windows just sometimes a little bit.
This idea should be real fun (imagine VR and 3D with lot of 3D planes with browsers viewport. 
Maybe there should be just 2D viewport (of browser) and project it to the plane like "texture". All 2d viewport (rendering html and button controls...) should stay like it is in 2d viewport (chrome,firefox...browsers...)

This calling for a battle. But unfortunately i have no time. phantomjs is a simpel browser, it can click buttons, login user etc. render an image of a page, get it on a babylonplane, if the user click somewhere (on a button) phantomjs send a "clickloginbutton" request etc. interactive. render next image. yeah! it work in my head :)

By the way @Nabroski, nice idea with the drop-shadow canvas2D text, in the other thread.  Those are nice playground scenes... well done.  I like 'em.  You're a canvas2D mad man!  :)

"Nabroski" also sounds like a funny way to say "Nebraska"... makes me laugh.  Omaha, Nebraska is Nebraska's most famous city.  So how do we say "Omaha" in a funny way?  OhMyGod?  :D

So, now, your official name is... Ohmygod Nabroski.  Certainly every Nebraskan who hears it, will laugh.  :)

Perhaps Ohmyhog?  Ohmyhog, Nabroski.  Yeah.  (Just having some fun with your name, don't hate me.) 

I'm glad you're hanging around with us... you seem fun and demented (good things).

No one is more fun and demented as you @Wingnut lol

I've tried to incorporate HTML pages in my virtual world.  I couldn't find a framework that could make all the links active.  I think there'd need to be a bridge specially made for Babylon.js for that to happen.  I'm sure the code could be added to an existing HTML renderer.

What I've done is used the ArtOfDev HTML Renderer for C# here https://github.com/ArthurHub/HTML-Renderer which I've compiled into an .EXE that can run on Windows (.NET) or Linux (Mono).  The user uploads an HTML file to the web server via PHP, then that page will call the HTML Renderer via BASH command to convert it into a texture, then place that in the appropriate directory for the web server to find all the textures.  The billboards I put up in my virtual world are using HTML files.  I did it that way 'cos its sooo much easier editing HTML than creating a new texture by hand

htmlrender.jpg

That "What's new?" board is an HTML file with UL, LI points that I update nearly every day.  The instruction board behind it is also an HTML page, one with an image in it.  I'm planning on giving these objects one link so the HTML renderer will find the first URL and use that link, then if you double-click anywhere on the object it will open up a web page to that URL.

Hello 
here is an project i found, screenshots with input tasks:
https://experiments.hertzen.com/jsfeedback/

@ozRocker you project seems more complex, you can also check for a specific color(shape) and texture position, 
if color and mesh are true then its a link. 
something like
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3270929/compare-2-images-in-php

Best

Check this out http://www.exitreality.com/?page_id=156  This was a Melbourne company (same city as me) who tried to create a 3D universe by being able to parse websites and convert them to a 3D environment.  This was like 8 years ago and they were using VRML.  You needed an activeX plugin for your browser to use it.  They spent shtloads of money building content libraries, templates, partnering with Carls Jnr, Paris Hilton and acquiring other virtual world frameworks.  It was a MASSIVE operation.  Unfortunately the end result was nothing.  It was a complete flop.  It turns out no one wanted to read a newspaper by having to walk around to one article then walk up stairs to 2nd second floor to read the next paragraph haha!  

@Nabroski - a .png file looks like a webpage, but to do this is actually possible using HTML - providing you're not trying to render a WebGL scene inside a WebGL scene (which even sounds rediculous.) As an example, I can use CastorGUI to create a form with a URL embedded in the form. This is something we've been working on for a new app. And you can also use the Youtube and Facebook API to do this in WebGL without allot of effort. My Dev. partner wrote the code handling the link and maintaining the pointer events, and it didn't require more than a few hours with my assistance in creating a WebGL scene in which to render a few simple objects. We're not permitted to post as it is currently under NDA, but it wasn't that difficult, so I don't even know why they wanted it under NDA. 

DB